Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

A book with Voldemort and Nagini is available in stores, at least in Europe.

But this isn't out yet?

33 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

With the apparent popularity of the activity books, does anybody think we could get another Build your own Adventure book? That’s one I would buy in a heartbeat ?

I hope so, I’m considering getting a second copy of the 2019 book so I can have both different builds in my Hogwarts display

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I hope so, I’m considering getting a second copy of the 2019 book so I can have both different builds in my Hogwarts display

I've considered getting it but haven't really been sure how to make it fit in. How have you used it and where have you put it?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

But this isn't out yet?

I haven’t seen it in stores but I remember the image leaking a while back along with a book that comes with the Hermione variant from Hagrid’s Hut 

I've considered getting it but haven't really been sure how to make it fit in. How have you used it and where have you put it?

It doesn’t connect so I just picked a decent spot. I put mine next to the open side of the Great Hall up by the high table and facing the tower. The alternate build is a reversible fireplace so if I do get a second one to build that version I’ll probably put it down near the foot of the tower with the Gryffindor dormitories

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Okay didn't expect this to be our news today. I surprise to be sure but a welcome one. So we get 3 new activity books on top of the one with voldemort. This time with Richard Harris Dumbledore, Snape and Sirius. Not really interested in those, but they're an easy nice way to get them for anyone who still misses them. Then there is the friendship journal, didn't even know those where still a thing.

The last thing is probably the best thing. A box with:

1. "A book with activities based on scenes from Harry Potter tm ..... with cinematic style illustrations that encourage creative play."

2. "A book with activities filled with LEGO humour"

3. "A double-sided deluxe 30 scene ..... readers can use with LEGO playsets and minifigures"

4. "2 LEGO minifigures with accessoires"

5. "QR code linked to a demo video"

I love that we're finally getting a new way to get the Slytherin torso. The pop up thingy looks very interesting. Definitely picking it up. I wonder what the demo video is all about (if I read that correctly). They are really going all out with this theme. I've only seen this amount of stuff with lego Star Wars before, with Jurassic world being a close second but that's about it. I just hope the box is reasonably priced.

39 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

With the apparent popularity of the activity books, does anybody think we could get another Build your own Adventure book? That’s one I would buy in a heartbeat ?

I think it depends more on wether or not the previous ByoA sold well than the activity books

Is that a unique Voldemort head?

That's from the Graveyard

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That's from the Graveyard

Ah, sorry, I'd seen a dodgy picture of the Graveyard that had a different smile for Voldy, my bad.

1 minute ago, Huigberts Builds said:

5. "QR code linked to a demo video"

So any ideas where the demo video could be about? It would be cool if Lego also started making Lego Harry Potter videos like they did with Star Wars, Jurassic World, Marvel and DC.

A bit disappointed that these books are our leak for the day. I'm sure kids will enjoy them but they're not really my thing. The backdrops that come with the Harry/Malfoy book sound mildly interesting, but they would have to be rather large to actually look decent with the sets. The concept reminds me of 4721, 4722, and 4723 from 2001. 

I still haven't picked up the BYOA book, $25 felt a bit too expensive for me considering I would probably only ever flip through the book once.   Did those who got it enjoy it? Maybe I'll pick it up if it's cheap enough at some point.

Edited by MaxHeadroom

5 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The concept reminds me of 4721, 4722, and 4723 from 2001. 

I hadn't even thought of that. Almost a nice little throwback. I love it even more now.

7 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

but they would have to be rather large to actually look decent with the sets.

Actually I think they might actually be a little bit oversized. I think on one of the pictures you can see Draco stand next to the printed figures, showing they're to scale (1:1). Looking at hagrid that means it's gonna be bigger or about the same size as the tower in the Great Hall.

I so excited to see the Astronomy Tower set, it's definitely the new set I'm most anticipating.

I'm just now getting back into Harry Potter LEGO sets after many years.  My first purchase was the Great Hall soon to be followed by the Whomping Willow and Clock Tower.

Have you seen that possibly new trunk piece? I've just seen it on Instagram and I though it could appear in the forbidden forest set. Just a thought :)

10 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

Have you seen that possibly new trunk piece? I've just seen it on Instagram and I though it could appear in the forbidden forest set. Just a thought :)

Is it in #legoleaks? And can we see it in a single picture or within a set image?

Just now, 8fifty said:

Is it in #legoleaks? And can we see it in a single picture or within a set image?

It's in a reliable leaker's profile. Am I allowed to name users here?

Just now, AdriWho said:

It's in a reliable leaker's profile. Am I allowed to name users here?

We already talked a lot about kingnono, so why not? :tongue:

Micro scale “only entirely non-Muggle settlement in Britain” GWP with exclusive minifig. This is from kingnono. Obviously it’s Hogsmeade, which will be really nice! And I really hope the minifig is Aberforth

Just now, 8fifty said:

We already talked a lot about kingnono, so why not? :tongue:

I saw it on kingwong75 profile

New post from kingnono: "New microscale GWP with exclusive minifigure this year" and "The only entirely non-muggle set in Britain"

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Micro scale “only entirely non-Muggle settlement in Britain” GWP with exclusive minifig. This is from kingnono. Obviously it’s Hogsmeade, which will be really nice! And I really hope the minifig is Aberforth

Aberforth with a goat would be Good

The only minifigs I could see being the exclusive Hogsmeade figure are Aberforth or Madam Rosmerta. Out of the two, Aberforth would be far more exciting 

They better release it during the pre-order for DA so the same mess doesn't happen that did with the UCS Hogwarts (I had to buy someone the Camper to get it).