I decided to share the 3D files of this model. Stud.io file and LDD-file. Note that the LDD-file has placeholders for the biscuit-pieces (sand blue) and has some displaced parts (sand green). It should be fairly obvious where these parts belong. The sand green 3L axle with end-stop at the bottom of the front axles is used to slightly lift the 20t gear above it with its end-stop.

Edited by Didumos69

I really fell in love with this MOC (and it's my reason to register on this forum too) - can I ask if you will be doing instructions? I know this was asked before a while back so just wanted to check before I spend 100+ hours on trying to build it using the model only. I don't have LDD only Stud.io

Well, LDD is free software so it won't hurt you to download it.

I've built this from LDD's automated instructions which are kind of ok, although It's made more difficult because the "biscuit piece" isn't in the inventory. In any case, you can build it.

Worth knowing that the steering, while very very clever, isn't perfect. If you crash it will nearly always skip a tooth, then you must reset it. It's not avoidable with the steering setup, and is caused by the inherent freeplay in a turntable. Even with that proviso, it's well worth building the model.

If you didn't already build rocky from 42099, go do that too - well worth the few euros for the instructions :) 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:43 PM, amorti said:

Well, LDD is free software so it won't hurt you to download it.

I've built this from LDD's automated instructions which are kind of ok, although It's made more difficult because the "biscuit piece" isn't in the inventory. In any case, you can build it.

Worth knowing that the steering, while very very clever, isn't perfect. If you crash it will nearly always skip a tooth, then you must reset it. It's not avoidable with the steering setup, and is caused by the inherent freeplay in a turntable. Even with that proviso, it's well worth building the model.

If you didn't already build rocky from 42099, go do that too - well worth the few euros for the instructions :) 

When I tried to load in LDD it removed above 300 pieces so I was pretty much blocked there... can you share the automated instructions please?

Rocky is his model in rebrickable right? It's on my list too :)

You'd need LDD to use its instruction set I'm afraid. It generates automatically.

Rocky is indeed on rebirckable, I absolutely recommend it. There's a thread on here with a few mods too.