ProfSrlojohn

M:Tron Bonfire mech

Hanz... get ze flammenwerfer

Memes aside, I present to you, members of the Eurobricks, another M:Tron mech!

Designed for burning through the native foliage on planets, to make room for mining operations.

2e8791e138b6e39b4bd26723059eeeeee700e48f

More pics on the jammer.

Spoiler

4c4f2836936ed74578c0e8509462c68b42a23eb9

Alt-angles

ab2e9d53efd694ec0054f2be9348657e0d4cfb49

A large flamethrower, designed for burning through the brush.

d01afebe7c56963d1ea7dbbbb3b22cc5fedf49ab

Tank full of fuel.

963c78a835e4f440eb804c52b4e727fc5ce35f53

The pilot. Look at that gleeful smile as he burns the forest down!

56a9ab66024e8bdbcd9b18ea273a664eb22c6ce1

And the open cockpit.

Comments and Crits are always welcome! Please, tell me what you think! Tell me what I did well, did wrong, or could have done better! Please, I'm trying to get better at this sort of thing.

M:Tron came was never my cup of tea, I was more classic space as a kid. But i think you captured the theme nicely. The upper part of the mech is nice. Perhaps the orange floodlights would have been better off in another coulor than orange, trans yellow seems more fitting for the theme. The legs needs more work on them , they seem a tad to plain. The 1x1 plate inserted can be pulled of at one place but perhaps not both on the upper and lower leg. Also a grilled tile as geeble on the 2 black studs on the feet would perhaps added som detaling.

Cheers!

10 hours ago, mechamike said:

M:Tron came was never my cup of tea, I was more classic space as a kid. But i think you captured the theme nicely. The upper part of the mech is nice. Perhaps the orange floodlights would have been better off in another coulor than orange, trans yellow seems more fitting for the theme. The legs needs more work on them , they seem a tad to plain. The 1x1 plate inserted can be pulled of at one place but perhaps not both on the upper and lower leg. Also a grilled tile as geeble on the 2 black studs on the feet would perhaps added som detaling.

Cheers!

They aren't orange, it's just the lighting. They are of the same trans-neon green as the rest of the pieces.

As for the legs and feet, I liked them, but to each his own.

Reminds me of the Firebat unit from the video game StarCraft.  

An arm with a hand or other grasping machinery might be useful for lifting and clearing away items that cannot be burnt with the flamethrower.  I like the design very much though.

10 hours ago, hagridshut said:

Reminds me of the Firebat unit from the video game StarCraft.  

An arm with a hand or other grasping machinery might be useful for lifting and clearing away items that cannot be burnt with the flamethrower.  I like the design very much though.

You got me! Slight inspiration there, as well as the Black hand and the Avatar from Command & Conquer 3.

As fro the grasping arm, that's what the other work mechs are for, right? Right? (I'm floundering for an explanation here. :laugh:)