Hi all! I'm new here, but I've lurked for a while. My first exposure to LEGO was the first two games from Traveller's Tales, and I always found it interesting how the creators took time to design their own versions of ships that hadn't yet gotten official sets. Now, much older (and with a love for the first/second generation LEGO sets) I'm trying to get into reverse-engineering and building a fleet of similarly-styled ships. My question is, has anybody here tried this out themselves? And if so, what ships? 

My first crack at it (and one of the comparatively easy ones) is the Naboo Starfighter, based on the UCS set from 2002 but now able to set a single minifigure. (I also did a palette swap for the two different versions of Player 2, though these two are unfortunately impossible to build). I'll be willing to trade the stud.io or ldr file with anyone who wants it!FEMtI4d.pngsUGT4kU.pngqBvr4I9.png

1 hour ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

Nice project!  Most vehicles are taken straight from the sets, so which one do plan to build next?

I'm trying to figure out the game version of the AT-ST, which IMO has the best legs of any play-scale version. Someone on here did one a few years ago and got it nearly perfect. Makes me feel even more noobish by comparison. :tongue:

I'm also trying to reverse-engineer the game versions of the Rebel Transport and Nebulon B. 

11 hours ago, Benegiser said:

I'm trying to figure out the game version of the AT-ST, which IMO has the best legs of any play-scale version. Someone on here did one a few years ago and got it nearly perfect. Makes me feel even more noobish by comparison. :tongue:

I'm also trying to reverse-engineer the game versions of the Rebel Transport and Nebulon B. 

It'll be an interesting this endeavor nonetheless; many of those vehicles (like the AT-ST in particular) disregard the physics of LEGO.