Lowa

Multi-Train Control

We’ve been working on redesigning and improving our web interface to control multiple trains using one tablet / phone. Besides the trains, you can of course also control all the other devices in your layout: switches, lights, boom barriers, etc.

We added the following features:

Support for SBrick

We have added support for SBrick controllers, so now you can control LEGO PU hubs, SBrick and our 4DBrix WiFi controllers with our system. Just like for PU hubs, controller SBrick requires a BLE112 dongle and an software license.

Touch Controls

You can now control the speed of the train by sweeping the power control, see video below. It’s a very intuitive and effective way to control the trains, especially to position them.

Skins

We have redesigned the multi-train interface. It now uses skins so you can customize the look of the app in function of the train you’re controlling. We’ve tried to give it a LEGO feel. At the moment you can use a number of pre-defined skins. The goal is to support custom skins in the future.

skin-60197.pngskin-60198.pngskin-10233.pngskin-60052.pngskin-60051.pngskin-60098.png

Emergency button

We also added an emergency button so you can immediately stop all trains in case that’s needed.  You can see it at the bottom of the screen capture of the control app.

Let us know what you think and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you’re interested in controlling your LEGO train layout this way.

----

P.S. the initial post had an incorrect link to the YouTube video, this has been fixed now.

Edited by Lowa
Incorrect video link

2 hours ago, mattmarsden said:

Could you let me know where I can download this version of nControl that lets me control sbricks. Thanks

The latest 2019.2 Beta version can connect to SBrick controllers.  You can download it from our website: https://www.4dbrix.com/downloads/.  Scroll down until you see "Experimental Version of nControl 2019.2-X"

There is also a getting started manual (with videos) that shows how to set-up nControl to use SBricks:

https://www.4dbrix.com/documentation/ncontrol/getting-started/controlling-sbrick-trains/

Let me know if  you need anything else...

Thanks very much - I'm running Windows 7 and there's only a Windows 10 version which doesn't seem to pick up Sbricks when running on Windows 7 - is there any chance of a Windows 7 build? Thanks very much.

5 hours ago, mattmarsden said:

I'm running Windows 7 and there's only a Windows 10 version which doesn't seem to pick up Sbricks when running on Windows

Wait - does Win7 provide BLE support? I am not sure. But not that long ago my rather new laptop with Win10 was stolen. I grabbed my old laptop still around with Win7 Professional but no native BLE support. Would a dongle do? I am just asking, because I'd love to take that route as well.

Best
Thorsten

Well, I’m not sure but I purchased a Bled112 dongle and installed the silicon image drivers. Ncontrol knows I’ve got one installed as before installation it said no ble112 present but after installation it went through doing the scan but didn’t pick up the sbrick.

Edited by mattmarsden

12 hours ago, mattmarsden said:

I’ve also tried on a Win10 machine with the BLE112 dongle and it still wont find my sbrick. Not sure what I’m doing wrong

You can find a step by step manual with videos on our website:

https://www.4dbrix.com/documentation/ncontrol/getting-started/controlling-sbrick-trains/

Can you try this procedure ?  If you still are having issues, please let us know a what step is goes wrong.

Just to be sure, you are using version 2019.2, correct ?  That's the version you need to connect to the SBricks.