Hello again everyone

This time I present a couple of models from the brilliant Rebels animated series.

ARC CANNON AT-DP PROTOTYPE

Firstly, the ARC Cannon.  The AT-DP Arc Cannon Prototype was a prototype Imperial walker that contained "the Duchess," an arc generator designed by Sabine Wren (hence the Sabine minifig) when she was still a cadet at the Imperial Academy on Mandalore. It was named after the late Duchess Satine Kryze, who ruled the New Mandalorians during the Clone Wars.

This model is based on the official AT-DP polybag (comparison shot below) which has been modfied.  The cannon section has obviously had to be replaced with “the Duchess” which has been attached using a bar and 1 x1 round plates with open studs.  The “wings” on the head obviously also had to be added.   Quite simple mods and quite a striking little model.

ARCCannon1.JPGARCCannon2.JPGARCCannon3.JPGARCCannon4.JPGARCCannon5.JPGARCCannon6.JPGARCCannonAT-DP.JPGARCCannonDisplay.JPG

LAAT/le PATROL GUNSHIP

Secondly, the LAAT/le patrol gunship.  The LAAT/le patrol gunship, also known as the Republic police gunship and later known as the Imperial patrol transport, was a gunship introduced during the Clone Wars (with a different colour scheme to this one)  to perform law enforcement functions on the Republic capital of Coruscant. Designed to be sleeker and smaller as well as less heavily armed than the Republic attack gunship, the patrol transport was better suited for policing the dense, planet-wide city while reducing the risks of collateral damage.  After the formation of the Galactic Empire, the patrol transport saw a broader use as a patrol craft for the Imperial Military on various worlds and it is the imperial version below.

I spent quite a lot of time getting this one right.  The multiple panels were the trickiest part, adding them all within the small size of the model without them looking silly or oversized.  The top panels are attached using a clip tile and plate with handles.  The bottoms panels have been attached using the 1 x 1 round plate with a bar, with the bar attached to the bracket using a 1 x 1 round plate with open stud.  The 1 x 4 offset plate used to attach the front cannons doubles as the attachment point for the bottom panels.  The rest is a pretty simple build but I really like this one.

PatrolGunship1.JPGPatrolGunship2.JPGPatrolGunship3.JPGPatrolGunship4.JPGPatrolGunship5.JPGPatrolGunship6.JPGPatrolGunshipDisplay.JPG

More models soon.  Let me know what you think about these and any other models in this thread.

Jon