Umbra-Manis

[Polybag] Llyod's Mini Monastery

I decided this contest would be a good way to get my creative juices flowing again, so after scrolling through every set tagged as a polybag on brickset (with some delays to recreate sets for the Mecabricks library), I arrived at the concept of taking 30372 Robin's Mini Fortrex  and apply the concept to the Classic Spinjitzu Monastery from the early days of Ninjago. This is the result, and I decided to include a kiddie Llyod to match the inclusion of Robin in the original. 

47962430836_3c28a9f128_c.jpg

47962404468_e62a31f362_c.jpg

If you want to take a look at the model in 3D, it can be seen on Mecabricks

Edited by Umbra-Manis

This is just adorable! :wub: I don't see a way how you could have improved this build more, it's as complete as it gets at this scale. The opening gate, lipstick pillars and decorated window/paper wall at the back are nice details! :thumbup:

On 6/1/2019 at 5:32 AM, Exetrius said:

This is just adorable! :wub: I don't see a way how you could have improved this build more, it's as complete as it gets at this scale. The opening gate, lipstick pillars and decorated window/paper wall at the back are nice details! :thumbup:

Thanks! I probably could have found an actual ninjago window piece to use, but Mecabricks doesn't have any at that size currently and I didn't feel like making one :tongue:

26 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Thanks! I probably could have found an actual ninjago window piece to use, but Mecabricks doesn't have any at that size currently and I didn't feel like making one :tongue:

Hang on, I thought you used this one: https://brickset.com/parts/design-21907, which is a Ninjago piece; from the Temple of Airjitzu.