I recently bought the Dodge 75893 set for the Charger R/T.I wanted to recreate the one Dom drove in the 4th (maybe 5th) film, which had a plainer front end and nice chrome spoked wheels.I raised up the back ,to give it meaner stance (although to me it looks a bit cartoony with wider truck tyres fitted).I spray painted the rims from the Demon and also the blower with silver paint. Speaking of the Demon, I re-purposed it as transport for the Punisher, matt black gives it a meaner look altogether.

I am now hooked on speed champions..the Mustang Fast-back should on it`s way in the post to me as I type this!

Regards

Kenny 

40273480473_232b9289ef_k.jpgIMG_2980 by kenny burns, on Flickr

40273523663_19a54ddd50_k.jpgIMG_2978 by kenny burns, on Flickr

40273506023_168c33ac40_k.jpgIMG_3004 by kenny burns, on Flickr

47238495841_9665b8a5af_c.jpgIMG_2989 by kenny burns, on Flickr

Edited by r5-j2

10 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Amazing work ...great engine! :wub_drool:

Thanks for the kind words. Painting Lego is probably viewed as cheating, but I used to build/paint a lot of plastic military modelling kits (until my Grandson got me interested in Lego), so painting the engine and wheel trims seemed the best way to model one my favourite movie cars.

Regards

Kenny. 

I`ve never done it, there are bright yellow spray paints which local authorities/motorway/rail maintenance teams use to mark repairs or adjustments on tarmac or concrete.These might be what you could use, but you would need to use a white primer first and make sure you de-grease the bricks first before you prime them.I notice that you are in Northern Italy..maybe another forum member reading this would know a supplier near you.. or a good idea would be to head to your nearest hobby shop with a yellow brick to get a color match, Tamiya, Humbrol and Lifecolor are companies I know about...there`s also Vallejo..   https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/hobby-spray-paint/  

Hope this helps

Kenny

Best not use the marker paint..probably too thick.would not give a good finish!