Sign in to follow this  
knotian

Copper industry Need copper suggestions.

As I finish up one project I'm ready to start the next research. I'd like to do a copper refinery. I believe I can handle the concentrate colors, the froth concentrates and the molten copper with poetic license to the Lego Color Scheme. How-sum-ever---- I need copper wire, ingots, anode sheets, rods for drawing machines. In it's molten state several reds will work.

I'd like opinions from the experts. I can make everything I need out of copper, or copper modelling clay, copper powder, etc. I know I can use metallic powders to apply a rubbed finish to Lego bricks.

I think a 2x8 brick with a 2x8 tile with a bright copper finish would be interesting and a good train load.

Would it be displayable in shows? I know that I should ( and I will) ask the individual shows. I'd like to know any actual experience before I dig into this.

[[Humor follows] Would it be easier to get forgiveness than permission?:laugh:]

Thanx,

Ed

How about this bricklink store which sells plated Lego pieces. You can search the store by colour and they appear to have some copper plated parts like bricks and bars that may be good for ingots and wire.

https://store.bricklink.com/Aurimax#/shop?o={"sort":4,"pgSize":100,"itemType":"P","colorID":84,"showHomeItems":0}

There are some excellent scale modellers that often use custom chrome plated parts for their builds at display shows.

Edited by allanp