GLAP23

Ninjago Movie Screen-Accurate Mech Recreations

@8Arely_-A  Since I don't have an estimated completion date of the Garma Mecha Man and Ice Tank, my best answer is when they are done.

@Matteo Nottoli The mech is looking great! There is another program you can use to generate instructions with, Blueprint.

Here's how big the Garma Mecha Man's left leg is compared to the set version of the mech. It's massive! :oh3:

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Leg%20Comparison.p

Edited by GLAP23

10 hours ago, Thedoctorwedwhistle said:

Uh zweifuss what is an OBJ file? And STL?

They are basically 3D model files, STL is what is used most commonly for 3D Printers. I would suggest reading articles on wikipedia for more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavefront_.obj_file and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STL_(file_format). So when I finish the part, I will release it in this thread and let anyone 3D print it with their printers. I will also provide the .BLEND file so that anyone can modify the mesh. I just don't have that much free time these days, I have a family and work and home priorities.

Here's how the back of the leg looks as of now. Once when this leg is done, I'll start building the other one.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Left%20Leg%20back.

Edited by GLAP23

55 minutes ago, Thedoctorwedwhistle said:

Amazing but you didn't color it

He clearly stated in an earlier post that he is coloring everything red to start and will do the proper colors later. It makes sense, it's a good strategy, if you're focused on getting the bricks right you don't need to be bothered with colors.

1 hour ago, Thedoctorwedwhistle said:

WHOA!!! How did you do it!?! The pictures were blurry.

I have good eye for the details. The boat appears in areas of the game so I had enough resources to build it.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:06 PM, legoman23 said:

Nice job on the boat.

Thanks. This boat was easily the largest boat I have built yet out of the 8 boats.

Edited by Mrlikesninjagomoviethings

20 hours ago, GLAP23 said:

La primera parte de la pierna que volví a colorear es el pie porque está casi completo.

Garma% 20Mecha% 20Man% 20foot.png

nice.
what do you plan to do when you have finished all the mechs?

@8Arely_-A I plan to build the Destiny's Bounty.

I recolored most of the leg. There is a few more things that need to be changed before I can start on the other leg.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Left%20Leg%202.png

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Left%20Leg%203.png

1 hour ago, GLAP23 said:

@Matteo Nottoli Any new updates on your Shark Mech project?

Nope. I've been very busy lately. Im working as a trainee lawyer and the only time available is the weekend. I hope to continue the build the next week.

44 minutes ago, GLAP23 said:

@Matteo Nottoli Okay. For now, I'll just be building the Garma Mecha Man while waiting for the next update.

Your progress with the garma mecha man are amazing, it will be the biggest model ever. I think it might cost a lot considering the crazy amount of pieces it requires, even over 1000 bucks. I would really appreciate someone brave enough to build it

I have discovered a page that contains images of the mechs, it is curious because in one of the images  it appeared Garma Mecha Man for a lego set and it looks exactly like the movie, it even said the serial number 70689 although in the set the serial number is 70613 I think the designers of the Lego sets planned to make the mechs more accurate or more identical to the one in the movie. This could also be corroborated in the making of the book, maybe I'm wrong although I wanted to mention it anyway.

@8Arely_-A I know what page you're talking about. That portfolio site is owned by an Animal Logic employee. The image you have seen is concept image for box art. The Garma Mecha Man render was a placeholder. If you look more closely, the name of the set is Dragon's Forge. I don't think LEGO has ever intended to release the full-sized, on-screen mechs as sets, which is why smaller, scaled-down versions were released.

Both of the legs of the Garma Mecha Man are just about complete. They make up roughly 25% of the pieces the mech is made of.

Garma%20Mecha%20Man%20Legs.png

I can't believe it's been 3 years since the LEGO Ninjago Movie was released.

For those who are building the Green Ninja Mech Dragon, part 13547 will soon be available in sand green, as the upcoming Star Wars set 75318 has these in sand green.

Edited by GLAP23