So awhile ago someone had a post on here about adding lighting to 10224 TownHall

10224 Town Hall Orginal

The AFOL, said that they could not put a light under the arch as there was no remove for it. This inspired me to have a look at why this was not possible.

The result of that turned into a mod for the Town hall.

I extended the arch and the steps and increased the size of the balcony so that mini figures could fit on it.

10224 Mod v410224 Mod v3

10224 Mod v210224 Mod v110224 Mod

I hope that the person that was doing the lighting finds this as I wasn't able to find the original post.

Good idea, but I would prefer it with additional side columns. Right now it looks to me like something is missing.

This is very good work.  That front door on the original has always felt cramped to me.  I know the official modulars have a consistent depth there on the sidewalk, but here I think it would be fine - people can walk under the covered area on their stroll down the sidewalk.

Nicely done!

19 hours ago, maniacman50 said:

@Mestari where abouts would you put the extra columns? In the original position the columns where?

On the spot where the left and rightmost columns originally were.

@Mestari I would have to remove the window I added in that spot but then I could open the door way up more giving that area more space. I think that would lead into making changes inside, creating more space and opening everything up

@Creativebrick Studio 117 the original arch is only 2 studs in wide (front to back) I moved the whole lot forward so now it’s 9 studs. And gives 6 studs in space on the steps

Edited by maniacman50