vxhall

LEGO Boost interactive motor shaft

4 hours ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

I increased the spacing for the axle walls by 5 microns, I am going to keep the size for the original on Shapeways, as that is the dimensions that Efferman uses for his axles.

https://www.bricksafe.com/files/Tommy_styrvoky/replacement spindle for boost motor v2.stl

Champion. Thanks mate. I'll catch up with the maker group soon to get it printed and let you know how it fits.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:39 AM, rob79au said:

vxhall, thanks mate. What printer are you using? I'll check the specs as I want to make sure I use one with similar µm resolution.

Tommy, I have the original stl. Did you  get a chance to increase the axle size? If so, can I get a copy of this stl?

I use a local online printing service, don't know what kind of machine they are using. I think it's just some standard industrial printer.

Tommy,

Got a poor print from the local maker group using FDM. Local printing services want to charge me an arm and a leg.

Ordered 5 from your Shapeways store :). Have a number of these motors, so the spares won't go astray.

Thanks for all your help.

Rob

Tommy,

5 pieces arrived today and work a treat (have to boosts, so nice to know I have spares).

Thanks Tommy for the solution, and vxhall for raising the original forum post.

Rob

Hi Tommy!

I have the same problem with boost motor 6181852, the red part is broken. I tried to open the motor, but I was not succesful. Could you please explain me, how did you open that?

Thank you very much for your help!

Petr

23 hours ago, petrkubat1979 said:

Hi Tommy!

I have the same problem with boost motor 6181852, the red part is broken. I tried to open the motor, but I was not succesful. Could you please explain me, how did you open that?

Petr

Petr, there are two tabs to push on the top and another two on the bottom (using screwdriver or similar). 

Rob

On 2/17/2019 at 10:27 PM, petrkubat1979 said:

Hi Tommy!

Petr

Ahoj Petre,
chtel bych se zeptat, jestli se ti podarilo vytisknout tu hridel. Pokud jsi si to tisknul v nejaky firme, poslal by jsi mi prosim o jakou firmu se jednalo a na kolik to vyslo?
Predem diky

I did. I’ve had a replacement motor on back order for over a month.

Regardless, for the price of the replacement spindle I have a second/spare motor. 

16 hours ago, Zbynek said:

Ahoj Petre,
chtel bych se zeptat, jestli se ti podarilo vytisknout tu hridel. Pokud jsi si to tisknul v nejaky firme, poslal by jsi mi prosim o jakou firmu se jednalo a na kolik to vyslo?
Predem diky

Hello Zbynek,

probably as a new member I can not write you directly. Please write me to my email: petrkubat1979(zavinac)gmail.com