Sign in to follow this  
herbertlemon

Porsche 919 EVO mod/moc

Hey, im new here. haven't built any lego in about  8 years, but i saw the 919 set and it was screaming to be rebuilt into an evo. this may have already been done, im quite behind on the times. nor am i that skilled. so! 

fullsizeoutput_1463

at first glance, it looks pretty similar, but there is quite a lot changed:

the addition of the ground effect sideskirts, 

the rebuilt fin and rear wing to match the EVO

fullsizeoutput_1469fullsizeoutput_145dfullsizeoutput_146a

the rear wing is quite a complex thing, i was trying to get it at the right height and join it to the rear fin like it is in reality, which i managed with a minifig backpack fixing and an antenna nub holding a angle piece. its also been moved back to match the real car. (when not on the car, the sticker holds it together.)

fullsizeoutput_145c

the front end is completely different, i just modified the stickers to fit- front cowl is lower, has a little split above the number to try and imitate the intake thats there on the real car, the sides of the front end above the splitter are a rounded piece to more match the actual car. no lights, obviously.

fullsizeoutput_146c

that annoying rear cowl piece was changed for 2 different sized pieces to better recreate the actual curve the real car (s) have. just cut the sticker to fit. doesnt look too bad i think.

fullsizeoutput_146b

broken antenna piece makes for a better antenna on a thing this size...

fullsizeoutput_146d

the underneath is completely different as the LEGO official one had loads of gaps in the floor, the tile pieces on the diffuser are longer to reach under and the entire bottom is pretty much flat now.

by no means a timely or particularly special thing, but was really fun for me after all this time. i was never especially good, still arent, but tell me what you think! its fun going through here looking at all these cool MOCs, had to contribute.... cheers.

Edited by herbertlemon

Hi, in this forum one of the requirements is that the model must be at least 1:20 in scale.
I will move this to the more appropriate forum.