Sign in to follow this  
Breakdown

Destructive testing Mono-switch question . . . .

Before I ruin a Mono-switch, has anyone either broken open, or broken a mono-switch??  I'm thinking of drilling a hole through the circle on mine (exactly where the red dot is on the picture), in order to control the switch from the bottom.  Has anyone done this in the past??  I would love to hear from someone prior to potentially destroying a switch.  I would be drilling from the bottom since there's a perfect inverted stud to work with to aim the drill.  Many thanks in advance.

Monoswitch.jpg

Won't work.  There's a connecting rod that crosses the centerline of the turntable.  Sorry.

41 minutes ago, coaster said:

Won't work.  There's a connecting rod that crosses the centerline of the turntable.  Sorry.

No apologies required I wasn't sure if it was a sporked gear that moved it or a connecting rod.  You probably saved me (and the entire Lego community) a Mono-switch.  Many thanks!

But if you put a round 2x2 brick with a technic axle on the rotating control, you could then do a simple gear train to achieve a connection point to the side of the control stand that does allow you to go down.

10 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

But if you put a round 2x2 brick with a technic axle on the rotating control, you could then do a simple gear train to achieve a connection point to the side of the control stand that does allow you to go down.

Fortunately my issue right now is strict aesthetic, and not functional - where I'm struggling with space constraints or inability to work with something.  I was just kind of hoping that it was a toothed gear that was doing the work.  To make my setup a little cleaner.