Sign in to follow this  
larsy

Brickhead Monkey D. Luffy

This week I picked up the go brick me nrickheadz set and decided to have some fun with it.

I'd love to have a One Piece brickhead and thus I built one myself. Here is Luffy made from only the go brick me pieces

41257394862_6228fec1e7_c.jpgMonkey D.Luffy by Larsyuipo, on Flickr

Very nice. Particularly good work with the design of the titular straw hat; though I feel like making the red stripe more continuous would be a significant improvement. Good work with the hair as well, though I don't think the buttons on his shirt need to be quite so pronounced. 

On 13-4-2018 at 12:31 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Very nice. Particularly good work with the design of the titular straw hat; though I feel like making the red stripe more continuous would be a significant improvement. Good work with the hair as well, though I don't think the buttons on his shirt need to be quite so pronounced. 

Thanks!

Yeah I wish I could make the red stripe continious, but then i wouldnt have the curve on the side of the hat. I put the buttons there because I ran out of red pieces as I used only the pieces from the go brick me set

Looking at it again, I kind of feel like the brim of the hat should be wider. There's no reason you have to use exclusively parts from Go Brick Me; maybe use two more 1x4s and two 1x6s, as well as a couple of cheese slopes, to make it wider while keeping it fairly continuous?