Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Aragon

Update#1 Q.C.R and Building Advice

Lately I have been pricing Lego parts such as hull parts and rigging parts, and cannons. I will be posting updates as I begin to construct the biggest custom ship I have ever built. Due to my lack of ship parts, I was unable to build a large ship to rival others. I have decided to use this opportunity to turn the Queen Catherine's Revenge into a bigger, better ship. I have begun construction on the cabin. I was inspired by Barbossa's Q.A.R cabin.

latest?cb=20170622181855I have built a good portion of the cabin, but it is far from done as I need to add more decorations to the inside of the cabin and finishe 

Inside of CabinInside of Cabin 2

Here is the inside of the cabin so far. I put smooth tiles to make it look nicer with some studs here and there. I have also built some curtains for the back window. 

Back of Cabin

Here is the rear of the stern castle. I decided to add more red pieces including the flower decoration to make it look a tad bit more interesting.

New Cabin

Here is a front view of the stern castle/cabin. I used the same technique of balcony that was used on the  Vendetta Angelorum. The entrance to the cabin is between the two ladders. The red curtains are the same as before with some gold swords as the 'support sticks' . I am not done with the side railing yet.

s-l225.jpgThis is the hull piece I plan to purchase to use.

I am also working on improving the anchor and fixing my masts for rigging parts.

s-l300.jpgI will be purchasing some of these rigging parts for the ship.

Please let me know what you think so far and how I can continue to improve and work on the ship once I get the parts. Building tips and constructive criticism are always welcome!

-Capitaine Aragon, The Cordial Piratelatest?cb=20170610143403

Hi captain,

It's a nice cabin, and quite spacious; which leads me to wonder why not have it more decorated; a chest, or any brick-built furniture like a dresser would give it a better look.
The construction/shape is good (taking into account that you do not have a huge stock of parts if I understood correctly).

Regarding the rigging that you plan to get, I would advise you to take the longest version in priority if you dont already have some. The shortest are useful for the top of the masts, or on a smaller ship like the 6271 Imperial Flagship.
Maybe it's just a personal taste but look for pictures before purchasing anything to get the final appearance that you like the most.

Also, the building has something a bit inconsistent. 
You have covered the floor of the cabin with smooth tiles (a finishing technique), but an element that is seen at first glance from the outside; the edge of the red roofs; is left with apparent studs. 
There it requires a finish, not especially tiles but.. something.
You use golden telescopes to make a rail, then a brown grid to do the others, and an (actually pretty interesting) technique with the rope for another. You understood the idea.

I hope I did not offend you, that's not my intention. Only trading skills between one ship builder an another : ) 
As modest as they are compared to the monsters that navigate the forum, your past ships always have a little something unique and I will follow you to see this new iteration of the Queen Catherine's Revenge.

Aye, thank ye! Thanks for the critique it was helpful. I have made some drastic changes to the stern castle such as adding more things in the cabin and adding a deck below it. I will post these on Update#2.