Sign in to follow this  
KDog

The Futuron DACTA set

I recently discovered the existence of this set and it puzzles me. It seems to be really rare, for one thing. But why would there be a Futuron set released under DACTA, which I thought was the educational line? Why are the minifigs such an odd mishmash of colors? And why does it seem they can ride around in some of the vehicles, but not in others, which seem out of scale? I think the space base in the set looks fantastic, but it's not clear if the figures can actually go inside. I'm assuming the cards that come with this might cover the educational aspect? All I know is, I want this set, but it's WAY expensive if you can find it.

I havn't found much info about this set and would appreciation some enlightenment. I've posted a picture of the set below.

Set 9355 - DACTA Space Theme Set

9355-1.jpg

NOTE: I meant to post this in the Space subforum, but does it matter? It looks like Space is discussed in both forums.

I have no idea

but thanks for posting it, its really pretty.

I really like that little space scooter on the lower right, good shape just needs a modern windscreen.

Maybe the out of scale ship is an automated cargo drone?

Yes, this is quite a weird set. I would like to have one just for the rare parts (half-octagon wall panels, baseplates and red Futuron torsos) but the default models suck IMO, maybe except for the base.

Dacta has in fact released some non-Technic/Mindstorms sets like this. Maybe they're intended to be used in elementary schools or something. I remember one of the product descriptions for these things said something about building "creativity and roleplaying skills" in kids. *wacko*

Edited by CP5670

I remember one of the product descriptions for these things said something about building "creativity and roleplaying skills" in kids. *wacko*

Funny, I thought that's what Legos generally do. :-P

You live in Princeton? Cool. You've got another Lego Maniac not far from you in Trenton. (Me.) :-)

Good to see a fellow Lego fan nearby. :-) I'm actually from the DC area and only moved here six months ago (I'm a grad student at the university here), but have most of my collection over here now.

Do you have any plans to go to Brickfair later this year? I will be going, although I haven't signed up yet.

A curious set, I like the base's colours, I based my futuron base on these colours (Subtle self promotion ON!) however the minifigures are truly horrible, red green and black! :-X Not uniform at all. Yellow and black mixied together for two minifigs isn't much better.

At least one received a healthy amount of base plates when purchasing the set! 8-

It's like they stole each other's pants and helmets. :-D (including some from the Space Police; the space lockups are going to get filled up quickly at this rate)

I have this set. Bought it off of Bricklink a few years ago. It's complete with the red crate, but sadly no cards were included. Fortunately I managed to find some nice scans.

Here are the minifigs :)

50861264682_ae79b2b897_k.jpg