Steamdemon

Attempt at a 0-4-4-0T mallet locomotive

0-4-4-0T.jpg

Here she is. Not sure what to call her. Using BigBenBricks Medium blue drivers. I honestly think I need more blue bricks, Also, It's not as streamlined as I would like it to be.

0440T3.jpg

Above, the rear bunker.

0440T+2.jpg

And here we have the front bunker. Because running out of coal during a long journey sucks.
As I said, I think I can do better with this one.

It will come!

Your steam locomotive is beautiful - so far an attempt, as you said. Just let it roll. Try more bricks, replace here and there, it will work!

I love all the different colors, curved bricks ... it will be a wonderful steam engine once you feel "this is it"!

Best
Thorsten  

The chasis was actually built from scratch. If I had used a lego chasis, it would probably end up looking like a Heisler geared locomotive...Now why am I missing playing Trainz: A New Era?

She's nearly finished! I'm going to make everything blue on the cab, and then I'm sure she's complete. She's looking like a 0-4-4-0ST. Plus auxillary tender and parcel van.

DSC_9273.JPG

DSC_9274.JPG

And the driver and fireman have a pet parrot. I'll need to finish the roof. Other than that, she's looking really good. In theory, i could add a 9v motor to the tender, but then the wiring if I want to have both her headlamps and tail lamps lighting would be a bit tricky.