Sign in to follow this  
Kwatchi

[SR - FB2] - Oct '17 - Apollo's Mirth (sister ship)

With Charlatan Bay's fall to Mardierian military occupation, the docks of Lowtown were a scene of chaos. This of course gave ample opportunity for the clever and bold to "claim" whatever was previously protected by Meloche's regime.  One of the most enterprising to take advantage was the Red Gang under the Pirate Captain Orven Reddington.   While others raided warehouses and militia armouries, he headed to the ship yard and commandeered himself a sloop-of-war and immediately made sail (as possession is 9/10ths of the law or somesuch). 

Weeks later, proper bills of sale and ownership were of course "discovered", legitimizing his claim to the Apollo's Mirth.  Behind the scenes, many on-lookers and not a few rivals applauded his daring in taking the Bishop's own flagship before his corpse was even cold.

nsgDg0E.jpg

B4i6C11.jpg

rMl5QyQ.jpg

bRVWbsj.jpg

---x---x---x---x---x---

The Apollo's Mirth has the same hull as Hera's Fury, which sunk during the the Battle of Five Fleets.  My brother (Gulagurag) and I had built it jointly back in February as a bit of a speed-build challenge and it of course got itself promptly sunk its first time out, though it did make quite the showing for itself before going down.  After it was finished I put it in the closet and completely forgot about it until this week's licensing frenzy, when I put it back on the work table and did some minor modifications so it could be reincarnated.

This ship will be licensed and was initially determined to be a class 5.  It was re-evaluated as a class 6.

Edited by Kwatchi

Nice Ship @Kwatchi I like the figurehead, and the stern. And it's great how well you were able to change the details over to make it a sister ship.