juno2023

Which is the best Lego game for 3DS?

I recently got a New Nintendo 3DS and was interested in picking up a Lego game for it, but am unaware of what's out there for the system. I have every Lego title for Wii U and love them all, and also liked Lego Battles on Nintendo DS.

Any recommendations and feedback would be appreciated!

Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins is from what I know the first open world 3DS game, which is pretty neat. Maybe also try Shadow of Ronin, though it isn't canon to Ninjago and lacks context. 

I wouldn't personally recommend Lego Marvel or DC games as I find the handheld versions to be lacking.

On 3/31/2017 at 5:57 AM, gamejutzu said:

Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins is from what I know the first open world 3DS game, which is pretty neat. Maybe also try Shadow of Ronin, though it isn't canon to Ninjago and lacks context. 

I'm pretty sure that farming simulator 2012 came before the chase begins :P

8 hours ago, Tcm0 said:

I'm pretty sure that farming simulator 2012 came before the chase begins :P

That was 3D open world? You could be right. I saw that in the guinness book of world records, so I thought it was right.

Edited by gamejutzu

11 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

That was 3D open world? You could be right. I saw that in the guinness book of world records, so I thought it was right.

I think so. But it was just driving some agricultural machines around at one "height". But the models were 3D and you could drive anywhere you wanted.

13 hours ago, Tcm0 said:

I think so. But it was just driving some agricultural machines around at one "height". But the models were 3D and you could drive anywhere you wanted.

That sounds more "free roam" than "open world" in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

That sounds more "free roam" than "open world" in my opinion.

Aren't both the same?

4 hours ago, Tcm0 said:

Aren't both the same?

From what I know, free roam is a 3D game in which you can move freely around a map, but open world offers a large and vast sandbox to explore. Free roaming can just be walking around a room in 3d with camera control. But open world has a more concrete definition.

On 4/4/2017 at 10:08 AM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 is pretty decent.

I'll second this, assuming it's like the DS version. Similarly Lord of the Rings is great, though again that's assuming it's like the DS version, which I believe it is. Legends of Chima has a pretty expansive and immersive open world, and I don't really care too much for the theme (i don't dislike it, but it didn't really stand out to me). The first marvel Superheroes is really unique, and not really bad, but definitely watch some gameplay videos to get a feel for it. It's great in small bursts though. Pirates of the Caribbean was great. One of my favorite parts of the handheld versions of the LEGO games is their uniqueness: sure a lot of them follow the same formula, but then you have ones like Marvel and The Hobbit (which is one of my favorites, though I'll admit I'm a bit biased there) which shake things up and are really refreshing, even more so than the console versions.

Sorry that got kind of long, but I hope it helped! :classic:

2 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

I'll second this, assuming it's like the DS version. Similarly Lord of the Rings is great, though again that's assuming it's like the DS version, which I believe it is. Legends of Chima has a pretty expansive and immersive open world, and I don't really care too much for the theme (i don't dislike it, but it didn't really stand out to me). The first marvel Superheroes is really unique, and not really bad, but definitely watch some gameplay videos to get a feel for it. It's great in small bursts though. Pirates of the Caribbean was great. One of my favorite parts of the handheld versions of the LEGO games is their uniqueness: sure a lot of them follow the same formula, but then you have ones like Marvel and The Hobbit (which is one of my favorites, though I'll admit I'm a bit biased there) which shake things up and are really refreshing, even more so than the console versions.

Sorry that got kind of long, but I hope it helped! :classic:

I appreciate all the info! It certainly helps!

I've been eyeing Lego Battles Ninjago, and I did pick up Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins thanks to some sales going on at Gamestop. Now to find time to play it!

Will be curious to see what sorts of titles come out moving forward, with the Switch potentially squeezing out the 3DS...

Thanks again to everyone for the input!

On 4/7/2017 at 11:05 PM, juno2023 said:

I appreciate all the info! It certainly helps!

I've been eyeing Lego Battles Ninjago, and I did pick up Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins thanks to some sales going on at Gamestop. Now to find time to play it!

Will be curious to see what sorts of titles come out moving forward, with the Switch potentially squeezing out the 3DS...

Thanks again to everyone for the input!

I've played only a little bit of Battles Ninjago, so I can't talk too much on that one. I think regular Battles is a bit better, even if only for the novelty of Space, Pirates, and Castle fighting each other.