Sign in to follow this  
stella2015

After ucs Snowspeeder?

Hey, I really like, don't love the newest upcoming set for the rebel snow speeder. I thought that they could have did something a little bit better. I think that it is a big step up over the hoth, but that doesn't say a whole lot.

What do you guys think of a ucs Jabba sail Barge or a Ucs Jabba Palace? this could be amazing with all the details.

Given the blowback that the Jabba's Palace set apparently received, I doubt another one is coming any time soon. Another Jabba's Sail Barge is probably inevitable, but the last one was fairly recent... and with all the additional movies being released, the interval between rehashes of larger sets will only grow. The last Sail Barge was almost as long as the UCS Sandcrawler, so I wouldn't expect a UCS Sail Barge to be scaled more than 1.5x the last version of it.

If they did a UCS version of it, I am guessing they would follow the Sandcrawler model and incorporate play/action features and lots of minifigs to appeal to kids, rather than focus solely on detail (which there isn't actually that much of on the barge)... There is also the question of whether TLG would even bother with a UCS Sail Barge, because they tend to favor builds that present a construction challenge, which isn't really the case with the Sail Barge.

Most here tend to believe the next UCS set will be the Millennium Falcon. If that actually pans out, I expect the UCS set that follows it would be small ($100-200) since the Falcon is rumored to be the most expensive set ever released. An A-Wing seems the logical choice, since it hasn't yet received the UCS treatment and would break the cycle of UCS rehashes (and would probably sell for $150, if scaled similarly to the UCS X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Snowspeeder, etc.)

I expect Lego might cycle between display UCS sets (Falcon, Snowspeeder, X-Wing, B-Wing, etc.) and UCS playsets (Ewok Village, Death Star, Assault on Hoth, etc.) every other year. So I will guess 2018 will be two playset style builds, or at the least Lego will be trying to keep one or two UCS playsets on the market at a time. For playsets I think Yavin IV, Corosaunt, Starkiller Base, Darth Vader's castle, and Scarrif could all work. For display models a UCS A-Wing would be a nice display ship for a low cost, although I would like to see a UCS Y-Wing or an Eta Actis 2 Jedi Starfighter, maybe a U-wing or something like that...