Sign in to follow this  
petero

Using LEGO instructions on iPad

I've just started building the Disney Castle, and I've found a great use for the PDF format instructions on LEGO's site.  The DC's instruction book - more of a tome - is large and unwieldy.  Using the instructions on my iPad saves space, as well as avoiding annoying reflections from the light above my head.  I can also zoom in on the page, a good feature with this large set.

lego instructions on ipad.jpg

Peter

Nice.  I've occasionally used instructions on my iPad, but I must say it's never occurred to me to do so simply because of the size of the instruction book on larger models.  I use a paper/book stand for instructions for convenience, but when you get up to something even the size of a Modular Building they start to get annoying even with that.  The iPad makes perfect sense for that situation, and I may just give it a shot!  :sweet:

One bad thing about the PDF instructions I noticed is for some black parts, it's hard to tell how many studs are on the piece because the black pieces images are entirely black and you can't see the studs. I suspect those were scanned rather than output directly to PDF via Adobe Acrobat.