Sign in to follow this  
Sir Gareth

Which Type of Thread Would YOU Prefer for the Licensed Forum?

Which Type of Thread Would YOU Prefer for the Licensed Forum?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Type of Thread Would YOU Prefer for the Licensed Forum?

• "Theme" 20## Official Information & Discussion
    • "Theme" 20## (Official Information,) Rumors & Discussion
    • "Theme" (20## Rumors,) Future Set Speculation & Discussion
  2. 2. Should "Theme" 20## Rumors be Seperated from Official Information?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should "Theme" 20## Rumors be Merged with Future Set Speculation?

• Yes
    • No

If anything could slow down the posts in a licensed discussion thread I will feel happy. I rarely use them because there are dozens of posts a day. If I don't read them everyday sometimes 10 or more new pages of information can accrue. I get in there and have to sift through lots of stuff before I even get to what I want.

I feel exactly this way. Some days I open the Licensed forum and click right back out because I don't want to have to face the umpteen new posts--whether they are legitimate contributions to the discussion at hand or not--it's just a lot to wade through (I frankly don't know how you mods keep up).

Would it make sense to have a single, pinned, read-only post for official or confirmed information for both superhero threads? (I feel like other threads don't experience the confusion over leaks with the same regularity, except for maybe SW, but I don't ever hang out there.) The original post is DC, second is Marvel or something?

If only mods could update the posts, then the trustworthy users (or anyone with a source) could PM them with info to update those posts, and keep non-sanctioned leaks at bay. Then, all of the discussion and wishlisting and rumor-mongering would happen in the other thread where people could go off-topic to their hearts' content. :grin: It would allow those who just want to know if their are any updates to do so quickly (and mods could state in those post updates where the news was from), and those who are brave enough to dive into the conversation could do so while referring back to the "facts" thread. The first post thing just never works for me because I am on mobile and going back several (several...) pages is not really feasible (and neither is switching temporarily to full view and back again). I wonder if a lot of those users who ask for updates are also primarily mobile users.

As my final brilliant suggestion :blush:, in a "general discussion" or yearly thread for a licensed topic (i.e. SH), is there some way to spin off all but say the last two months' worth of conversation into another "old" thread? These discussion threads get extensive quickly but the most important posts, generally, are the most recent (with the exception of official or confirmed info). It would also help break down the feeling that the threads are crowded and cluttered.

Thanks again mods and users for keeping this ship afloat :thumbup:

Edit: forgot to make "its" into "it's", and I know how much Hinckley hates that kind of thing :tongue:

Edited by rodiziorobs

If only mods could update the posts, then the trustworthy users (or anyone with a source) could PM them with info to update those posts, and keep non-sanctioned leaks at bay.

This. This,this,this. If that were to happen, the "Sources" wouldn't have to reveal themselves, which keeps them safe. It also reduces the amount of E-fame they receive, which makes pretending to have leaks and trolling a less attractive concept. Trolls would also be easier to identify because they would have to post their rumors in-thread, as opposed to simply PMing the mods.