hachiroku

[MOC] Kaneda's bike from Akira (with instructions)

thank you very much for your fast answer, for theof the  Slope, Curved 2 x 2 of the cockpit are they better trans-black like in your creation or have you tried them trans clear as well? :)

Any idea of a minifigure to use as a base for kaneda? :)

19 minutes ago, MOMAtteo79 said:

thank you very much for your fast answer, for theof the  Slope, Curved 2 x 2 of the cockpit are they better trans-black like in your creation or have you tried them trans clear as well? :)

Any idea of a minifigure to use as a base for kaneda? :)

You're welcome. I guess either colour for the windshield would look good. I prefer the trans black. To be clear, this is Hachiroku's creation - I've just made a copy and added a few tweaks. From the OP video it looks like he's used a custom torso decal. I just used this guy with swapped head and hair.

On 3/20/2017 at 3:28 AM, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

This model has been sitting proudly on display next to Chris Hoffman's brilliant Swordfish II at my work desk for some time now, but I recently revisited it to see if grip-able handlebars could be added. It required reversing the stud-direction on the forwards section of the model, but the result is quite good.

32727984233_ef3999a405.jpg

LDraw instructions

Thanks for sharing the instruction but I thought I let you know that most key parts of your great MOC is unavailable (such as your wheels and its interconnected parts). Do you have alternative suggestion or parts for those?

Thought I let anyone else know this first in case they plan to buy parts based on this out of date MOC.  Thanks.

Edited by Diablo667
mistypo

27 minutes ago, Diablo667 said:

Thanks for sharing the instruction but I thought I let you know that most key parts of your great MOC is unavailable (such as your wheels and its interconnected parts). Do you have alternative suggestion or parts for those?

Thought I let anyone else know this first in case they plan to buy parts based on this out of date MOC.  Thanks.

Hi Diablo. I'm not sure which parts you think are unavailable. The wheels (18976) and tires (18977) are certainly still available on BrickLink. Are there any other specific parts you are having difficulty finding? The parts used here should all still be widely available. Also, this is Hachiroku's MOC, not mine. I just shared the LDraw file with a few modifications.

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

1 hour ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Hi Diablo. I'm not sure which parts you think are unavailable. The wheels (18976) and tires (18977) are certainly still available on BrickLink. Are there any other specific parts you are having difficulty finding? The parts used here should all still be widely available. Also, this is Hachiroku's MOC, not mine. I just shared the LDraw file with a few modifications.

Thank you for the fast reply, and sharing exact part number on wheel and tire. I have found those. Thank you so much. :)

I didn't know that there were only 2 parts to the wheel (wheel spoke and tire), because when I examined your LDraw File in Stud.io for those wheels - Stud.io reported wheel and tires were unavailable and Stud.io showed those as many tiny parts and apparently in unavailable colors.  When you wrote your answer above, I re-examined the LDraw and I can see that you wrote "wheel part" as name of part (18976 and 18977). I didn't understand those as I thought those were just random numbers (D'oh). 

My apologise for misunderstanding your LDraw and my thanks for your appreciative clarification. :) 

On separate note, your MOC page is really impressive especially that Madza car! 

Thank you again.