Bought a second 853 in box and pretty good nick. Slung it together and felt pretty good with the whole experience. Then one day shortly after i thought i was keen to see what the odds were of if not replicating the piccie on the carton, then at least making a passing resemblance to it and having a bit of a toy with it too.

Stripped to near base components after i had a hack at my LDD 853 into the fourby to test a few basics and see if i had enough bits to do so in just the stock kit. Adapted the LXF as i went along and started my build at the front axle and guards and just branched out from there. Wasn't too upset with initial results and fine tuned a little by shrinking the wheelbase and adjusting panelwork till i was happy. Found somewhere on it to keep all the excess bits that i had left over and then just played with it for a while. Same gearing as standard 853, same 1st and reverse box as well, and bar the mirrors which are bracing the rear axle not horrendously miles apart from what was on the lid to my not-so-picky eyes.

Thankyou to Grum64 for making the purchase of this sucker a doable proposition, and mrs Grum for her as normal bombproof yet affordable packing.

Enjoy if you can, move along nothing to see here if you can't.

CE52DD8E-1B9E-49CF-AD49-54F8A95FA1F0_zpsxuxbpjay.jpg

59BA6812-BF6D-4217-843B-C3B5039BC8A6_zpsrhlpp8yr.jpg

3BF5266F-DF61-4D7C-B13C-803770023D80_zps4yzbghvr.jpg

EDF1D7EE-A48C-4337-BB9B-A3E75DCCCF44_zpsyvs9zfyi.jpg

C7350A22-7018-410D-A460-4C1623997B15_zpslpqrikdn.jpg

752D7278-AA98-4F99-9817-D2331A54E7B8_zpsli7kykbu.jpg

EEAB37DC-257B-45ED-AB94-FE37F8BA6404_zps3j8iisgn.jpg

143A560F-DA12-4D46-ADF2-4388D1AFB211_zpswvlunhw2.jpg

1377AAE3-C9B1-4A9C-BA23-CA0371522584_zpsorgfywxu.jpg

Edited by Grosse Kind

Nice work there young fella. I just might have to build me one of these.

No need for thanks, always happy to help.

Thanks mr barrett. Was fun to do. Been enjoying it still, and its not too bad for play. Narrowing the track has reduced the steering lock a bit but the drastically shortened wheelbase makes it less than ponderous or limited for manoeuvrability. As a plus, sans diff theres less slip and grip required/available at the bum end via said lock/track/length so its fighting itself less in use and the trans is pretty robust vs 853 and its lack of pinion support and reliance on unis for transfer of drive. Thought of tidying it up insofar as some parts colour mixing/fadings but think i'm satisfied to just leave it as was and with what it came with.

Hahahaha, 1980 i was kinda two. Think perhaps you've had the headstart on fun with this one over me.

Grum, always a need for thanks. Very appreciative and not unaware of what efforts you went to. Ta my friend.

Edited by Grosse Kind

...No need for thanks, always happy to help.

...Grum, always a need for thanks. Very appreciative and not unaware of what efforts you went to. Ta my friend.

Obviously something got lost in the English/Australian translation :laugh: