Sign in to follow this  
Ordinareo

An Unannounced LEGO Harry Potter games collection incoming?

I wonder whether it will be one big almighty game, like the article suggested. Plus Fantastic Beasts and where to find them. That would be amazing.

If they could incorporate dialogue into it too...

If they could incorporate dialogue into it too...

Well, I think Harry has original lines in Lego Dimensions, so it's a possibility.

A LEGO Harry Potter Complete Collection game with new cutscenes featuring the voices from the film, a hub world akin to the more recent LEGO releases and a new series of levels based on Cursd Child would be great.

I doubt Fantastics Beast, Cursed Child, and voice acting will be part of this - especially if it is Ps4. Plus, Cursed Child isn't a film, only a play, so I doubt they'd do that, Fantastic Beasts is in Dimensions, and the voice acting they'd have to redo all the cutscenes.

Well, I think Harry has original lines in Lego Dimensions, so it's a possibility.

Arthur Parsons said they haven't really started working on his voice, so they don't know yet.

Arthur Parsons said they haven't really started working on his voice, so they don't know yet.

That would make him the only character without any unique dialogue then...

I doubt Fantastics Beast, Cursed Child, and voice acting will be part of this - especially if it is Ps4.

Fantastic Beasts and Cursed Child, you might be right. But why would it being on PS4 mean no film dialogue? It wouldn't take much doing to remake the cutscenes for the film dialogue if they're not remaking the gameplay.

Plus, Cursed Child isn't a film, only a play, so I doubt they'd do that

Unlikely maybe but given that it is Harry Potter they may deviate from what they usually do and adapt a play as a series of LEGO levels instead.

Fantastic Beasts is in Dimensions

Exactly why Fantastic Beasts likely wouldn't be in the game. It would take away money from Dimensions.

and the voice acting they'd have to redo all the cutscenes.

True...but they wouldn't have the time and cost of remaking the gameplay. Plus Harry Potter guarantees money so they'd easily make the cost of making new cut scenes back.

That would make him the only character without any unique dialogue then...

No. A lot of them use archive audio. Most of the doctors, ghostbusters, Ethan hunt. And more.

No. A lot of them use archive audio. Most of the doctors, ghostbusters, Ethan hunt. And more.

But that's because they're pretty much unavailable. But the Harry Potter actor should be fine. After all, there's other movie characters in the game like Owen who use original voice acting.

Edited by gamejutzu

But that's because they're pretty much unavailable. But the Harry Potter actor should be fine. After all, there's other movie characters in the game like Owen who use original voice acting.

Who played Emmet in the LEGO movie.

Not every person will be available. Why couldn't the get Tom Cruise? They may not be able to get Daniel Radcliffe for it.

Who played Emmet in the LEGO movie.

Not every person will be available. Why couldn't the get Tom Cruise? They may not be able to get Daniel Radcliffe for it.

Personally I'd be a little curious how well actors like Daniel Radcliffe could portray their younger selves even in a voice role. Granted, he was already an adult by the last few movies, but it's still a potential issue when you're considering how to recreate early roles by former child actors.

For that matter, I don't know whether Daniel Radcliffe would be interested in returning to that role again in the first place. He's had to go to great lengths to avoid being typecast after those movies.