Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, HectorMB said:

Regarding the motor, that was there first thing that I checked. The motor works perfectly fine in standard Lego hubs and other motors have the same issue in that BW brick. 

Do you know if the repair/substitution of the BW will be with new ports to prevent this issue reoccurrence?

 

I understand. Let's continue this discussion through support channel, so we don't clutter this topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone on here have experience with running PF IR receivers off of a Buwizz on ludicrous mode? I've fried a couple receivers in the past off of a 9.6V battery, but I think that was more due to hooking up the polarities backwards rather than the actual voltage. If anyone has tried it, I'd love to know how it worked, but if not I'll assume they can take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Does anyone on here have experience with running PF IR receivers off of a Buwizz on ludicrous mode? I've fried a couple receivers in the past off of a 9.6V battery, but I think that was more due to hooking up the polarities backwards rather than the actual voltage. If anyone has tried it, I'd love to know how it worked, but if not I'll assume they can take it.

Can you be more clear - Buwizz 2 or 3?

I've run the entire 9398 set (with v2 receiver) on Buwizz 3 without any problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it eventually helps to be able to control Buwizz 3.0 via some physical controler then it is great news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zerobricks (and the entire BuWizz) team:

Wow. Brilliant. Clear descriptions, nice graphs - absolutely stunning.

Comparing this to the LWP3.0 protocol doc on GIT makes the latter even look worse.

Thank you very much for all this work. Writing such a document in a clear and concise way is absolutely nothing that "simply happens". It is hard work.

All the very best,
Thorsten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, Zerobricks said:

Here's a quick update:

You can download the version which can control the Lego Technic hub here:

https://buwizz.com/190010208_support_for_powered_up.apk

Hi Zerobricks,

Since the update of the App I cannot connect to the lego Technic Control+ Hub, it doesn't see it at all.

Working from an Ipad.

 

I downloaded the legacy App, but how do I get the profile I was using previously?

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ScT said:

Can you be more clear - Buwizz 2 or 3?

I've run the entire 9398 set (with v2 receiver) on Buwizz 3 without any problems.

I think that's all I need to know--any Buwizz at 11.2V would work.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wissamms said:

Hi Zerobricks,

Since the update of the App I cannot connect to the lego Technic Control+ Hub, it doesn't see it at all.

Working from an Ipad.

 

I downloaded the legacy App, but how do I get the profile I was using previously?

thank you

You can download a build with Technic hub support here:

https://buwizz.com/sl/support/

Edited by Zerobricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 4:15 PM, imurvai said:

This is pretty cool, thanks :)

yippee.. finally :-)

what do you think, how long will it take you to include BW3 in your app? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Odinkuijpers said:

@Zerobricks

I would like to use BW3 as a continuous power source. Is it possible to stop the device from powering off when it not connected to the app?

We are planning to add more options to the manager including the option on what happens to the ports when you loose connection - to coast, brake or remember last state - and for how long. This could be useful for your use case.

1 hour ago, wissamms said:

Thank you for your answer.

The .apk file on the website support page is for Android. Do you have the equivalent for iPad?

No sorry, since iOS does not support external sources for applications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zerobricks

With the Buwizz 3.0, is it possible to do something similar to center steering with a PF motor, or is that only with the PU motors? My current setup calls for a PF medium motor to control steering, and I can't find a way to manage it like a steering servo. I'd like to avoid having to swap out for a PU motor.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After I triggered power cut switch on Buwizz 3.0 (two buwizz motors can do that) Buwizz turns off and cannot be turned on by button. Ony connection to charger/power bank helps, is it a normal behaviour?

Edited by keymaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fingolfin said:

@Zerobricks

With the Buwizz 3.0, is it possible to do something similar to center steering with a PF motor, or is that only with the PU motors? My current setup calls for a PF medium motor to control steering, and I can't find a way to manage it like a steering servo. I'd like to avoid having to swap out for a PU motor.

Thanks!

Pf motors don't have a position sensor, so there is no way to use them as a servo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keymaker said:

After I triggered power cut switch on Buwizz (two buwizz motors can do that) Buwizz turns off and cannot be turned on by button. Ony connection to charger/power bank helps, is it a normal behaviour?

Did you mean BuWizz 3.0?

It's just that now I know that two BuWizz motors can also break BuWizz 2.0. Only there it seems that some kind of strong protection is triggered, so that the device starts blinking red and cannot be turned off with a button.

Edited by Igor1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Igor1 said:

Did you mean BuWizz 3.0?

Yes, Buwizz 3.0 which I use in my current project - Trophy Truck. I haven't tested Buwizz motors with Buwizz 2.0 yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, keymaker said:

Yes, Buwizz 3.0 which I use in my current project - Trophy Truck. I haven't tested Buwizz motors with Buwizz 2.0 yet.

For the future, I strongly advise you not to connect two BuWizz motors to one BuWizz 2.0, as even in normal mode without load, they can break the device. True, now I know a way to restore BuWizz 2.0 to work after this. But it requires you to wait completely discharge the device, which is inconvenient, or to disassemble BuWizz 2.0 and hard reset.

Edited by Igor1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Igor1 said:

For the future, I strongly advise you not to connect two BuWizz motors to one BuWizz 2.0, as even in normal mode without load, they can break the device. True, now I know a way to restore BuWizz 2.0 to work after this. But it requires you to wait completely discharge the device, which is inconvenient, or to disassemble BuWizz 2.0 and hard reset.

Hard to read this... I mean, it is serious problem. I can recover Buwizz 3.0 by connecting cable, it is inconvenient, but doable. Waiting for discharge (how? discharging by force or what, with time??) or disassembling Buwizz 2.0 is much more than only inconvenient.

Edited by keymaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you need to wait a few days for the device to be discharged and reset itself. Or disassemble and do a reset forcibly. If someone really needs it, I can probably describe the procedure in more detail. But I think, if you search, somewhere here there could already be a discussion of this problem, since it is quite well-known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fingolfin said:

@Zerobricks

With the Buwizz 3.0, is it possible to do something similar to center steering with a PF motor, or is that only with the PU motors? My current setup calls for a PF medium motor to control steering, and I can't find a way to manage it like a steering servo. I'd like to avoid having to swap out for a PU motor.

Thanks!

If it was possible to use normal PF motor as servos, Lego wouldn't have released a dedicated PF servo motor and a new generation of PU motors.

 

1 hour ago, keymaker said:

Hard to read this... I mean, it is serious problem. I can recover Buwizz 3.0 by connecting cable, it is inconvenient, but doable. Waiting for discharge (how? discharging by force or what, with time??) or disassembling Buwizz 2.0 is much more than only inconvenient.

We are avare of the issue and we are preparing the FW update for it. We are also planning to add features simillar to BuWizz 3.0 such as rename, shake to wake etc... with the same FW update, but it takes some time to implement and test all these features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.