Tags: Exploration, Land Vehicle

Mission Log: Entry 25 ~

That basic speeder from last week was a little too .... basic, and I was suitably pleased when I was assigned an upgrade: the Anomalocaris light recon speeder. It was meant to bear some resemblance to some prehistoric sea creature from billions of years ago, but I really didn't care. It was sleek, fast and well-equipped to navigate the terrain of Greater Direstan.

Anyway, this was when I found it. As I skimmed along a grassy clifftop permeated by caves, I saw a glint of brighter, sharper, artificial green in the grass, and slowed to a halt. To my surprise, the shattered, tarnished remains of a robot became visible, lying in pieces half-under some vegetation. The bright green eyes flickered and focused, and one of the robot's hands was raised a few centimetres, in a gesture that obviously meant Help me.

Within an hour, I had it loaded onto my speeder and was heading back to base, wondering where it came from (it wasn't either an Octan, MANTIS or Kawashita make) and how it had come to be in such a pitiful state. I needed answers...

26048926995_0a25a8aa95_z.jpg

25444168894_65804f4527_z.jpg

26023014736_18a56b5c30_z.jpg

Without speeder:

26023013886_d7688fbd41_z.jpg

25446376003_35c9be75ab_z.jpg

The Anomalocaris (google it if you've never heard the name :tongue:)

25444162854_8bc99beb87_z.jpg

25776077150_c03bbca9dc_z.jpg

25956401742_8a8cb80657_z.jpg

[C&C welcome.]

I like the speeder. It reminds me of the new resistance battle pack set. My kids love the robot! They are really into Wall.e right now. I also like how you clipped the palm leafs to the plant on the ground. I'll have to try that later.

I like the speeder. It reminds me of the new resistance battle pack set. My kids love the robot! They are really into Wall.e right now. I also like how you clipped the palm leafs to the plant on the ground. I'll have to try that later.

Thanks :thumbup: I actually based my design on the speeder from the resistance battle pack - I took the set apart, found some bricks in more Kawashitan colours, and then rebuilt it my way. The large grey piece at the front, the trans-orange cylinders and the engines are the only things that still look similar IMO. And as for the robot, he'll be turning up in quite a few more builds as my characters try and figure out where he came from. :classic:

I like the speeder - you can see the resemblance to the anomalocaris (I just spent a pleasant five minutes reading the wikipedia entry, so thanks for that :classic: ). The base and robot are densely packed with detail :thumbup:

To improve, you could take a bit more care with the photography. In particular, try to avoid getting the join lines between pieces of paper in the shot. Even cropping a bit closer could help with this:

25492454503_2ed888cac6_z.jpg

And if you'd taken the photo with the model a bit more to the left you could have cropped out the big join line on the right hand side. In general, placing the model right in the corner isn't the best idea. You did better with the shots of the speeder at the end of the post, but even there you have the join between the two pieces of paper on the ground that could have been avoided with better placement of the model. Just something to think about next time if you want :classic:

Ditto on that awesome little robot- I wanna see a pic of the little guy before he was destroyed! The speeder's forelimbs and headlight "eyes" give me the impression of a praying mantis, which is ironic since you're a part of Kawashita. :laugh:

Nice build. Both the speeder and terrain is really good.

Now to the important part :classic:

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg Good find but be careful studying the robot, it could be a Trojan bot. Keep it in a secure facility away from any networks or communications. (I would mention the infection risk but no one ever bothers to wear helmets outside anyway)

Ditto on that awesome little robot- I wanna see a pic of the little guy before he was destroyed! The speeder's forelimbs and headlight "eyes" give me the impression of a praying mantis, which is ironic since you're a part of Kawashita. :laugh:

Oh, you will see him again, he's going to be rebuilt in my next build ;) Thanks!

That's a nice speeder! The terrain is very nice. :thumbup:

Thanks

Nice build. Both the speeder and terrain is really good.

Now to the important part :classic:

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg Good find but be careful studying the robot, it could be a Trojan bot. Keep it in a secure facility away from any networks or communications. (I would mention the infection risk but no one ever bothers to wear helmets outside anyway)

Thank you.

I like the speeder - you can see the resemblance to the anomalocaris (I just spent a pleasant five minutes reading the wikipedia entry, so thanks for that :classic: ). The base and robot are densely packed with detail :thumbup:

To improve, you could take a bit more care with the photography. In particular, try to avoid getting the join lines between pieces of paper in the shot. Even cropping a bit closer could help with this:

25492454503_2ed888cac6_z.jpg

And if you'd taken the photo with the model a bit more to the left you could have cropped out the big join line on the right hand side. In general, placing the model right in the corner isn't the best idea. You did better with the shots of the speeder at the end of the post, but even there you have the join between the two pieces of paper on the ground that could have been avoided with better placement of the model. Just something to think about next time if you want :classic:

Thanks, especially for the constructive criticism. I know my photography is suboptimal and I appreciate advice on how to improve it.