Forresto

[MOC] Rebel Alliance T-2B Repulsor Tank

So in the last month i've emerged from a long dark age and came back to building again after maybe four years or so. This was mostly sparked by the release of the Force Awakens which has gotten me interested in Star Wars again big time. Maybe a week ago I was playing one of the best Star Wars games ever made Empire at War and I realized how amazing a lot of the vehicles designed for the game were. I was more amazed at the lack of MOCs based on many of the pretty interesting designed tanks in the game including my personal favorite the T2-B Repulser Tank. Now this MOC is meant to be mostly accurate to the original design but more in a Lego system scale interpretation of it. I tried to balance the look of the vehicle with accuracy and I think I found a good spot. I am of course open to suggestions and will probably at some point go back and make this MOC more faithful to the original.

24251950384_9ef275dbe6_b.jpg

Stolen with several shipments meant for the Galactic Empire from Yutrane-Trackata Manufacturing, the T-2B Repulser Tank served as an anti infantry vehicle in the Rebel and later Galactic Alliance. Often used during the Galactic Civil War as a counter to Imperial AT-ST walkers, due to the small numbers available to Alliance Command the T-2B Tank had minimal service before the destruction of the Second Death Star. Equipped with Deflector Shields and Repulsorlift the T-2B was invaluable as a support vehicle due to it's versatile mobility and auxiliary defensive systems.

24253222653_fbd5803581_c.jpg

24786665191_8b28b672ab_c.jpg

24853758366_fab6d246b2_c.jpg

24251865354_6ff285c326_c.jpg

Driver and attached Alliance squad.

24584557050_dde9582376_c.jpg

The Imperial and Alliance anti-infantry workhorses square off.

24584546560_5daa1c800b_c.jpg

Thank you for viewing :classic: If you want to see more pictures of this and more MOCs that eventually will make there way here please look at my new Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/139994654@N08/

I'm not sure I agree with the color choices of orange and dark grey together, but the shaping looks really good!

I kind of like the colorsceme for the vehicle... orange and dbg is nice, but with tan and lbg it is getting a little wild...

Looks like urban warfare all over. There are lots of angles and shapes to the thing that you replicated perfectly!

Perhaps a version in tan/grey would be more easy on the eye.

T-2B's get shredded by AT-ST formations. What you need is an artillery tank behind them 100 yards, firing rockets in a constant barrage...

I like the model, it is very recognizable. Seeing the last time somebody made a T2-B was when Battlefront was still on PSP, your model is light years ahead. My only suggestion would be to cover up some of the studs and smooth the design a bit.

I kind of like the colorsceme for the vehicle... orange and dbg is nice, but with tan and lbg it is getting a little wild...

Looks like urban warfare all over. There are lots of angles and shapes to the thing that you replicated perfectly!

Perhaps a version in tan/grey would be more easy on the eye.

I'm not sure I agree with the color choices of orange and dark grey together, but the shaping looks really good!

The colors admittedly clash a bit. Perhaps Orange, light grey, and dark gray would be the best way to go and ditch the tan. I'm going to toy around with this thanks guys :wink:

T-2B's get shredded by AT-ST formations. What you need is an artillery tank behind them 100 yards, firing rockets in a constant barrage...

I like the model, it is very recognizable. Seeing the last time somebody made a T2-B was when Battlefront was still on PSP, your model is light years ahead. My only suggestion would be to cover up some of the studs and smooth the design a bit.

Wow that's getting close to a decade ago. Well it was about time there was a MOC of this. I'm going to rework the details of the tank and i'll try to smooth out some of the bits if it fits in. lol I just hope I have enough orange tiles.