Sign in to follow this  
Dream

[MOC] The Farmer: American Gothic

I was making a vignette for the CMF Contest with the farmer in the theme "American Gothic". However, I just couldn't make it fit properly into 8x8, it ended up having 1 brick of overhang on 3 sides, making it 9x10. So I'll just post it here anyway since I enjoyed making it.

Here is the painting "American Gothic" by Grant Wood in 1930.

1eajxCq.jpg

Here is my tiny version featuring the farmer from the collectible minifigure series 15.

A0UIrSj.png

The most interesting part of this build for me was the fact that it relies so heavily on perspective and framing the picture just right. It looks pretty unrecognizable when you aren't looking at it from that one angle.

If I had better selection for the girl's clothes and hair, I would've used them, but this was the closest I could get. And the farmer looks a bit too cheery, but still I think it's a good fit for him.

Sounds like getting the perspective was a challange, but you need the window in the background for it to be Lego Gothic! Nice idea.

Oh I tried and tried. No matter what I did, the window ended up off center or too big. Unfortunately it just didn't work. The perspective was a fun challenge though.