CorneliusMurdock

Review: 75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

137 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Outstanding- Bustin' makes me feel good!
    • Above average- Three feet above her covers!
    • Average- Just an ordinary household toaster.
    • Below Average- Nice doggie, maybe I have a milkbone...
    • Poor- Choose and Perish!

Do you think it would be easy to put hinges by the second and third floors so it sags less? I was thinking about that as soon as I read that part of the review on FBTB.

Do you think it would be easy to put hinges by the second and third floors so it sags less? I was thinking about that as soon as I read that part of the review on FBTB.

it probably would be, if you could find hinges in the correct colour :(

Thanks for your review. I like the building's detailed interior and from the outside it also looks awesome! It's definitely on my "must get" list, but I need to save some money first.

Really enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures of your review.

Somehow I think the price isn't THAT much for what you actually get. But still to expensive for me to consider it for now.

While some mention the little flaws the set has - don't all set have these? Little ones at least. ;)

I'll have to pass on this one. It has lots of similarities with Fire Brigade and I am not a fan of Ghostbusters. As a collector of all the modular buildings, the interiors have nothing to surprise me either. It's still a great building but just not for me. I'll only buy the car. The heroes will fight with the ghosts in my Haunted House. Lots of money saved! :laugh:

Edited by nana

I am so excited by the quality and improvement in the graphic design of minifigures and decorated parts, the set is a great example!

Just finished building the GB FH and I am very happy with how it turned out except for Ecto-1 not really being able to fit and the garage doors opening inside. Other than those two things that were already mentioned my only other minor gripe is that they went through the trouble of putting white out windows in the dark room/lab but there isn't any wall that separates the space so the windows would be moot, something the remedy later on. Overall the details and design are great and I love the look of the building in my small town that I have growing. Its funny because my Green Grocer and Cafe Corner both have extra 2nd floors so the GB FH doesn't really look that big, granted its still a large building but next to the other two 4 story buildings they're about equal in height even though the GB has just three extra tall floors.

The build itself took about 7 hours all together spread out over 5 days and so it was definitely a long haul build, but what do you expect of one of the largest sets TLG have ever put out. I'm waiting to surprise my daughter with it after the 4th and see how she likes playing with it, I'm sure she will love it.

Just finished building the GB FH and I am very happy with how it turned out except for Ecto-1 not really being able to fit and the garage doors opening inside. Other than those two things that were already mentioned my only other minor gripe is that they went through the trouble of putting white out windows in the dark room/lab but there isn't any wall that separates the space so the windows would be moot, something the remedy later on. Overall the details and design are great and I love the look of the building in my small town that I have growing. Its funny because my Green Grocer and Cafe Corner both have extra 2nd floors so the GB FH doesn't really look that big, granted its still a large building but next to the other two 4 story buildings they're about equal in height even though the GB has just three extra tall floors.

The build itself took about 7 hours all together spread out over 5 days and so it was definitely a long haul build, but what do you expect of one of the largest sets TLG have ever put out. I'm waiting to surprise my daughter with it after the 4th and see how she likes playing with it, I'm sure she will love it.

7 hours doesn't sound too bad.

I read several people online taking 13-14 hours?!?!

Have got the set but trying to put aside some time to build it. I don't really want to do it in bits and am thinking of doing either a time lapse video or stop motion.

I'm thinking time lapse at the moment as I don't like the idea of taking over 4600 pictures??!?!?