Sign in to follow this  
Sir Gareth

Marvel Super Heroes General Discussion

The two I'm certain of are both War Machine armors, Iron Patriot & the black one in 76051. Would they both be Mk. XI? I'm pretty sure the other designations are all correct...but not positive.

I'm like... 99% sure that War Machine / Iron Patriot get their own Mk designations. You can even see "002" and "003" on the Iron Patriot and Civil War printings, indicating that they're Mk II and Mk III of the War Machine line.

I'm like... 99% sure that War Machine / Iron Patriot get their own Mk designations. You can even see "002" and "003" on the Iron Patriot and Civil War printings, indicating that they're Mk II and Mk III of the War Machine line.

Could be...In my search for those, I saw that War Machine(grey) was designated Mk. II retrofitted, in MCU terms. So, I guess the black could be a retro-retrofit. :tongue: iron Patriot maybe could be Mk. XI, after the comics War Machine designation...I'm just not sure.

Could be...In my search for those, I saw that War Machine(grey) was designated Mk. II retrofitted, in MCU terms. So, I guess the black could be a retro-retrofit. :tongue: iron Patriot maybe could be Mk. XI, after the comics War Machine designation...I'm just not sure.

Okay, looking into it a bit deeper: War Machine Mk 1 is the Iron Man Mk 2, after it was confiscated by Rhodey, and the US Government had Hammer tech grafted onto it. So, it's basically the Iron Man Mk II, but with extra weapons stuck onto it. The War Machine Mk 2 is fully it's own thing, made by Stark, and is both the Iron Patriot in IM3, and the grey suit in Age of Ultron. And then War Machine Mk 3II is the black suit in Civil War.

So, seperate numbering line, but a bit confused since Iron Man Mk. II is also basically War Machine Mk. I. And also, my not watching Iron Man 2 in a long long time made me forget that particular thing (it's my least favorite Marvel movie, and the only one I've never revisited...).

MCU Wiki is my source on breaking this down, if you want to dive deeper. Should also help in the rest of your Iron Man numbering / nicknaming.

On the topic of Iron Man's armors, I have them listed by their "Mk" designation, all but a few, that is. What I have is:

Mk. XI [War Machine] 76006 Extremis Sea Port Battle

The two I'm certain of are both War Machine armors, Iron Patriot & the black one in 76051. Would they both be Mk. XI? I'm pretty sure the other designations are all correct...but not positive.

You are correct on everything except the War Machine related things.

War Machine follows a separate development path, and shouldn't be included in the Mark [Roman Numerals] system. Mark XI is this weird armor, with no relation to War Machine.

The War Machine history/development:

• Iron Man Mark II. This silver prototype armor, originally designed without weapons of any kind.
  • VTRBS 1.0 The painted Mark II was taken by Rhodey and "upgraded" by Justin Hammer into the first version of War Machine. A tie-in comic reveals Tony later stripped the armor back down.
  • Iron Man Mark XXII. This armor was apparently a prototype for the next War Machine armor.
  • VRTBS 2.0(.0) According to the aforementioned tie-in comic, Tony gave Rhodey the gray version of War Machine we got in Lego form in the Extremis Seaport Battle. This was supposed to appear in Iron Man 3, but for some reason, it never did.
  • VRTBS 2.0(.1) "Iron Patriot". This is literally just a paint job and software upgrade for the 2.0 version of War Machine, with no hardware differences whatsoever.
  • VRTBS 2.0(.2) This is the version of War Machine that appeared in Age of Ultron. Again, this was completely identical in hardware and design to the other 2.0 War Machines, just with a paint job that strongly resembled the 2.0's original paint job.
  • VRTBS 3.0 This was a new version of War Machine that appeared in Civil War, and for which we got a Lego figure in the Airport Battle set. It has clear differences in hardware, software, and even a darker paint job.

What is everyone's favorite minifigure of 2016?

Easily Ghost Rider. I've been waiting for that one for awhile.

After finding out a Kang the Conqueror minifigure is coming next year, I whipped together a prototype of his Time Chair from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and wanted some comments and criticism before I bought the right-colored parts. Please give credit if used.

20771997686_c33010b3a6.jpg

20805280371_099fb070a4.jpg

For reference:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kang's_Time_Chair

Wait Kang minifigure is coming out next year??

Hey fellow MARVEL fans -- this is kind of off topic (but MARVEL Super Hero related so I figure this is the best place as any).

I think it would be great to have a MARVEL badge (similar to the STAR WARS badge) -- how do we go about proposing this?

Thanks all!

A bit late but I feel this would be terrific! I'm not sure how to acquire the badges, but I would love a bit of digital Marvel swag for my profile! We can't let those Rebels in the Star Wars forum have all the fun!

Easily Ghost Rider. I've been waiting for that one for awhile.

Wait Kang minifigure is coming out next year??

Nope, it was a bit before your time. Last summer there was a member named "Nekchir" who, when 600+ posts in started claiming he had inside info and catalogue pictures, claimed we would be getting Kang rather than Thanos in the set we did this year. It caused a lot of hype until he claimed it was all untrue and was hence banned for Eurobricks. That's where our sad tale of treachery and heartbreak ends.

Edited by Aegis2000

Okay, looking into it a bit deeper: War Machine Mk 1 is the Iron Man Mk 2, after it was confiscated by Rhodey, and the US Government had Hammer tech grafted onto it. So, it's basically the Iron Man Mk II, but with extra weapons stuck onto it. The War Machine Mk 2 is fully it's own thing, made by Stark, and is both the Iron Patriot in IM3, and the grey suit in Age of Ultron. And then War Machine Mk 3II is the black suit in Civil War.

So, seperate numbering line, but a bit confused since Iron Man Mk. II is also basically War Machine Mk. I. And also, my not watching Iron Man 2 in a long long time made me forget that particular thing (it's my least favorite Marvel movie, and the only one I've never revisited...).

MCU Wiki is my source on breaking this down, if you want to dive deeper. Should also help in the rest of your Iron Man numbering / nicknaming.

You are correct on everything except the War Machine related things.

War Machine follows a separate development path, and shouldn't be included in the Mark [Roman Numerals] system. Mark XI is this weird armor, with no relation to War Machine.

The War Machine history/development:

• Iron Man Mark II. This silver prototype armor, originally designed without weapons of any kind.
  • VTRBS 1.0 The painted Mark II was taken by Rhodey and "upgraded" by Justin Hammer into the first version of War Machine. A tie-in comic reveals Tony later stripped the armor back down.
  • Iron Man Mark XXII. This armor was apparently a prototype for the next War Machine armor.
  • VRTBS 2.0(.0) According to the aforementioned tie-in comic, Tony gave Rhodey the gray version of War Machine we got in Lego form in the Extremis Seaport Battle. This was supposed to appear in Iron Man 3, but for some reason, it never did.
  • VRTBS 2.0(.1) "Iron Patriot". This is literally just a paint job and software upgrade for the 2.0 version of War Machine, with no hardware differences whatsoever.
  • VRTBS 2.0(.2) This is the version of War Machine that appeared in Age of Ultron. Again, this was completely identical in hardware and design to the other 2.0 War Machines, just with a paint job that strongly resembled the 2.0's original paint job.
  • VRTBS 3.0 This was a new version of War Machine that appeared in Civil War, and for which we got a Lego figure in the Airport Battle set. It has clear differences in hardware, software, and even a darker paint job.

Yeah, in my notes I have an asterisk on Mk. XI for the MCU Mk. II story. The eleven may be a comic designation, which wouldn't apply to the minifg. That little history is cool, thanks for that. Which armor is Mk. XXII though? Is it the two upgraded by Stark?

Edited by Vindicare

Yeah, in my notes I have an asterisk on Mk. XI for the MCU Mk. II story. The eleven may be a comic designation, which wouldn't apply to the minifg. That little history is cool, thanks for that. Which armor is Mk. XXII though? Is it the two upgraded by Stark?

Okay, so here's the scoop. One of the most frustrating things as a fan looking for coherence is that while some of the Iron Man 3 armors are well-designed, and a handful are even beautiful (I'm looking at you, Mk. 33 and Mk. 39), the vast majority weren't given a unique design or plan by the filmmakers.

Because they needed 42 armors, and they knew the audience couldn't see them very well, most of the armors are literally random combinations of other armors, often with garish color schemes to give the crowd of armors some visual flair.

Sometimes this makes sense; in the other, slightly more thoughtful films, Mark 2-3 have visual continuity, as do Mark 6-7 and Mark 42-43. It's not unreasonable to imagine Tony realizing a simple fix for an armor, and rebuilding it with said fix. But in the case of Mark 22 (XXII), it's a little hard to swallow:

75ZWsmr.png

As you can see, it's a re-paint of the Iron Patriot armor, down to and including the star. It's absurd, because the star was supposed to be an addition as part of the re-branding of the War Machine armor. There is no logical reason Tony would make this armor for himself, and the paint scheme is just garish. It's made very clear that this armor is not a result of thoughtful world building, but just lazy filmmaking. They thought we wouldn't notice, but we did.

However, if you're recounting the history and versions of the Cinematic Universe War Machine armors, you can't completely leave it out, either, because it's so clearly designed to be part of that legacy. If you wanted to make it in Lego, it would be extremely easy:

• stock War Machine (sh066)
  • either Iron Man legs or Kai NRG legs or Ultimate Macy legs, or whichever reddish legs you want
  • hands and arms of the same color as the legs you chose.

Sometimes this makes sense; in the other, slightly more thoughtful films, Mark 2-3 have visual continuity, as do Mark 6-7 and Mark 42-43. It's not unreasonable to imagine Tony realizing a simple fix for an armor, and rebuilding it with said fix. But in the case of Mark 22 (XXII), it's a little hard to swallow:

I dunno, I can see it as fitting where Tony is in IM3--spinning out, and directing that mania into the suits. Sometimes he directs a lot of thought and energy into solving how to make a deep space suit, and some nights he wakes up in a panic and just kit bashes some nonsense together until he can sleep again.

I don't think we're meant to read the Iron Legion as a succession of one line (like the main suits featured in the films are, or that the numbering would suggest) so much as Tony throwing a bunch of experimental crap together as a coping mechanism to deal with the Battle Of New York.

...or that could just be some fan wank to justify background designs...

Yeah, but why would Tony (when recreating the armor) include the star that was added by the Air Force and AIM for their internal rebranding? It's like if the US military debuted a new plane, and China started making a knock-off but added an embossed Chinese flag logo, and then when the US military made the production run of the plane, they also included the Chinese flag.

He clearly didn't intend for the star to be on War Machine (he derides the rebranding very hard throughout the film), so why would he put it on his own version of the armor? I'm confident they just took the ready-made wireframe of the Iron Patriot and repurposed it for this.

I am glad, though, that Lego's mostly stuck to making the good armors. They've made half a dozen of the IM3 armors, and all of them were unique designs, no re-used prints on different colored torsos or anything like that.

Can someone get this list idea to LEGO please haha

LEGO Set Ideas:

Spider-Man and Daredevil Team-Up

Price: $40-50

Minifigures: Spider-Man

Daredevil

Kingpin (big fig)

Bank Truck Officer

Bullseye (possibly)

Builds: Kingpin van (big enough so he can stand in back without roof) Bullseye driving

Plus Bank Truck $50

OR

Just bank build with removable safe that Kingpin can hold (no bullseye) $40

Spider-Man: Lizard Sewer Chase

Price: $20

Spider-Gwen

Lizard

Builds: Spider-Buggy (able to seat two)

Sewer-like catapult (Lizard uses to throw garbage at heroes)

Additional Minifigure ideas: Mysterio

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

Can someone get this list idea to LEGO please haha

LEGO Set Ideas:

Spider-Man and Daredevil Team-Up

Price: $40-50

Daredevil

Kingpin (big fig)

Bank Truck Officer

Bullseye (possibly)

Builds: Kingpin van (big enough so he can stand in back without roof) Bullseye driving

Plus Bank Truck $50

OR

Just bank build with removable safe that Kingpin can hold (no bullseye) $40

Spider-Man: Lizard Sewer Chase

Price: $20

Spider-Gwen

Lizard

Builds: Spider-Buggy (able to seat two)

Sewer-like catapult (Lizard uses to throw garbage at heroes)

Additional Minifigure ideas: Mysterio

Spider Man: Mysterio Museum Bust Up

Price: $50

Minifigures: Spider Man

Agent Venom

Mysterio

Shocker

Security Guard (Stan Lee)

Build: Big Bang/Sanctorum build like museum with a build displaying Mysterio's illusion ability

Spider Man: Mysterio Museum Bust Up

Price: $50

Minifigures: Spider Man

Agent Venom

Mysterio

Shocker

Security Guard (Stan Lee)

Build: Big Bang/Sanctorum build like museum with a build displaying Mysterio's illusion ability

Ooh I like that idea! I forgot about agent venom! I feel though if Shocker is in fact in homecoming that might hinder the chances of a comic version of him

Ooh I like that idea! I forgot about agent venom! I feel though if Shocker is in fact in homecoming that might hinder the chances of a comic version of him

Well before I typed Shocker, it was going to be Classic Electro, which may work better

I would actually rather get classic Shocker than Homecoming Shocker (despite we haven't seen him yet) because if he's too detailed and movie like, he'll look out of place with all my other Spider rogues. But then again I've been pining for Shocker for ages, especially when the set names for this summer were revealed, so I will take what I can get :grin:

Edited by Quicksilver838

Well before I typed Shocker, it was going to be Classic Electro, which may work better

I would actually rather get classic Shocker than Homecoming Shocker (despite we haven't seen him yet) because if he's too detailed and movie like, he'll look out of place with all my other Spider rogues. But then again I've been pining for Shocker for ages, especially when the set names for this summer were revealed, so I will take what I can get :grin:

Yeah, I'd prefer classic as well. Black Cat could be a possibility as well. You never know! I would have never thought we would have gotten Ghost Rider and we did! I've been dying for him for ages! So here's hope for Daredevil and Mysterio! :grin:

Yeah, I'd prefer classic as well. Black Cat could be a possibility as well. You never know! I would have never thought we would have gotten Ghost Rider and we did! I've been dying for him for ages! So here's hope for Daredevil and Mysterio! :grin:

We definitely need Mysterio. After getting the other five original Sinister Six. He hasn't been in the cartoon most of these are from, has he? Although, Ghost Rider hasn't been in to the best of my knowledge, but we got him. Who can guess..

We definitely need Mysterio. After getting the other five original Sinister Six. He hasn't been in the cartoon most of these are from, has he? Although, Ghost Rider hasn't been in to the best of my knowledge, but we got him. Who can guess..

Ghosty was in 2 episodes of Hulk and Agents of SMASH. Hobgoblin hasn't appeared though...

Hey actually, speaking of the cartoons, I think someone mentioned in another thread long ago that they were watching all of 'em, and if we had questions about who they thought might appear based on that, they should PM them. And then I never did, because PMs are weird.

BUT I am curious what characters all of you who do watch the cartoons think we're most due for. Lemme hear 'em!

(...especially if the character you're thinking is Squirrel Girl. Or Howard T. Duck. Or Spider-Gwen)

Spider-Gwen is debuting on an upcoming episode of Ultimate Spider-Man...

Seeing as the Spider Man sets seem to be based on comics now, plus Ms Marvel (like Spider Gwen a character introduced in 2014 comics who has also become a hit new Superhero star) is coming in a set next year, so I myself how no doubts that Spider Gwen is coming

Hey actually, speaking of the cartoons, I think someone mentioned in another thread long ago that they were watching all of 'em, and if we had questions about who they thought might appear based on that, they should PM them. And then I never did, because PMs are weird.

BUT I am curious what characters all of you who do watch the cartoons think we're most due for. Lemme hear 'em!

(...especially if the character you're thinking is Squirrel Girl. Or Howard T. Duck. Or Spider-Gwen)

That was me :grin: if you don't wanna PM this chat works good. I just didn't want the moderators to come in complaining that everyone was talking about the shows, not relevant set details

I think Spider-Gwen is a huge possibility due to her fast popularity. I think she will be here in any wave now. I had hope seeing they are doing sets for Hulk that we could get Abomination or the Leader. Leader is a really big character in the new Hulk cartoon.

I think Spider-Gwen is a huge possibility due to her fast popularity. I think she will be here in any wave now. I had hope seeing they are doing sets for Hulk that we could get Abomination or the Leader. Leader is a really big character in the new Hulk cartoon.

It seems more like it's a set per Avenger. A Thor set, maybe with Malekith, Destroyer, Enchantress or Executioner could be likely

Edited by Quicksilver838

Seeing as the Spider Man sets seem to be based on comics now, plus Ms Marvel (like Spider Gwen a character introduced in 2014 comics who has also become a hit new Superhero star) is coming in a set next year, so I myself how no doubts that Spider Gwen is coming

Here's hoping! Seems like we already know the winter releases, and the movies are going to dominate the summer wave, so hopefully there's a spot for her in in the fall Spider-Man wave...

Sorta feels like if the Web Warrior's Bridge Battle came out next year, she'd DEFINITELY be the alternate universe Spider-Woman in it instead of Ultimate Jessica Drew. But I guess she was still too new when they were nailing down the design of that one.

Curious if the interior hood printing might cause a problem for them? I know customizers have done it, but I don't think any official Lego hoods have been printed there before. Curious if that might make us less likely to get her...

That was me :grin: if you don't wanna PM this chat works good. I just didn't want the moderators to come in complaining that everyone was talking about the shows, not relevant set details

Oh yeah!

I appreciate the mods trying to keep things on track, but it would be nice to have a more open, less mod'd place. I was thinking of making a new thread for that, before remembering that this already existed...

Anyway. Any big gaps in the lineup you can think of? I know people keep saying Mysterio on the Spider-Man side, but anything glaringly absent from Avengers Assemble?

Curious if the interior hood printing might cause a problem for them? I know customizers have done it, but I don't think any official Lego hoods have been printed there before. Curious if that might make us less likely to get her..

1 word: Wyldstyle... She had printing inside her exclusive hood piece. But also looking at how the customisers have done it, it shouldn't be too hard for LEGO