Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaTheSwordsman

MOC: Jurassic Park "Park Drive" Ford Explorer

So, a few years ago I was obsessed with trying to create my own Jurassic Park out of LEGO. It stalled, and I eventually broke up what I'd built (A Jeep, the gates, and this - the brick-built dinos were already scrapped) for parts. The Ford Explorer was the only one I managed to take a decent photo of before breaking it up. Yeah, some of the decal work was cheated with construction paper. Bite me.

jurassic_park_ford_explorer_in_lego_by_zeldatheswordsman-d7087hw.jpg

I managed to make it so that you could cram four people into it.

Edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman

Nice idea! Although the decals look a bit strange, the idea making the Jurassic Park Ford Explorer is great :thumbup:

Nice idea! Although the decals look a bit strange, the idea making the Jurassic Park Ford Explorer is great :thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah, aside from the printed JP logos the decals are kinda naff. I didn't want to blow through a bunch of printer ink trying to do the green on the sides, so I just used construction paper and drew stripes on it, with the front stripes being made from red construction paper. It looked kinda-sorta okay originally, but by the time of this photo it had faded. Also, the really silly-looking tinfoil-on-construction-paper mirrors were gone.

Still, I'm proud of the design. It could seat four minifigs, it had the clear canopy, and (although you can't see it in the photo) it even had a detail the prop department overlooked: Contacting armatures on the underside.

Edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman