Sign in to follow this  
def

Pelly's Paradise: Conclusion: An End to Effort

Thanks for the game def! I had fun while I lasted, and enjoyed following it afterwards. It was a nice change to try another rotating role game, and I even liked the lazier presentation. I got a laugh out of the characters Captain Jack Sparrow and "Ninjago".

This feels like one of those rare triumphs of the gut feeling over any evidence, logic or discussion. Aside from Tammo, it seemed like all the scum were targeted and taken out fairly arbitrarily. Usually those kind of votes come back to bite the town, but in this case it worked out pretty well! But I don't know, maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention and I'm wrong about that.

I was hoping later that I'd salvage it since Lind told me you'd asked him and I was able to (I thought) cover my tracks with you that it was an innocent mistake, but didn't know if my excuses worked or not.

They didn't work. I had you down as scum before we both died. But very well played.

Thanks for the game def! I had fun while I lasted, and enjoyed following it afterwards. It was a nice change to try another rotating role game, and I even liked the lazier presentation. I got a laugh out of the characters Captain Jack Sparrow and "Ninjago".

I liked them, but I was hoping someone would correct me about Captain Jack. And Bob's was modelled on this:

76b786838d5aed5c8aa00245d190c686.jpg

The characters were fun. I didn't say anything about Captain Jack because it was so funny and fit the game well. The crow with the rhyming curse was perfect! :grin:

I didn't say anything about Captain Jack because it was so funny and fit the game well.

I knew you knew from the confirmation, but I was hoping someone was anal retentive to correct me. I suppose it fit the game in a really lackadaisical way. Lazy MOC, lazy hosting, lazy Johnny Depp :grin:

I knew you knew from the confirmation, but I was hoping someone was anal retentive to correct me. I suppose it fit the game in a really lackadaisical way. Lazy MOC, lazy hosting, lazy Johnny Depp :grin:

Really both characters were the same. :grin:

I thought your MOC's fit well too. I didn't see them as lazy at all and your hosting was great. The only lazy was the last day or so when it felt like no one wanted to play.

I thought your MOC's fit well too. I didn't see them as lazy at all and your hosting was great. The only lazy was the last day or so when it felt like no one wanted to play.

Compared to what I was doing a few years back... At that time, the MOC was made a month in advance, and tweaked slowly to make it better. And every mini-fig was gently crafted to give a strong sense of character (Stanley Spuccemin in Bloodbrick I & 2! Aged 25 years!). This game, I pulled out the beige bricks two hours before taking pics. The actual hosting wasn't lazy, just the prep.

Compared to what I was doing a few years back... At that time, the MOC was made a month in advance, and tweaked slowly to make it better. And every mini-fig was gently crafted to give a strong sense of character (Stanley Spuccemin in Bloodbrick I & 2! Aged 25 years!). This game, I pulled out the beige bricks two hours before taking pics. The actual hosting wasn't lazy, just the prep.

Like i said earlier; the MOCs and all are fluff; your timeliness and dedication ( devotion?) are what make you an amazing host. There are several other excellent hosts on EB but in my book you are not if the best. :corny:

Like i said earlier; the MOCs and all are fluff; your timeliness and dedication ( devotion?) are what make you an amazing host. There are several other excellent hosts on EB but in my book you are not if the best. :corny:

Thanks :blush: Funny enough, there was one late day. Know why? Zepher didn't send in his night kill. Normally I'd say a player forgetting to send one in just loses it, but as the last scum, it would have really made the game worse to not have a player killed. If not for that, this would have been a perfectly scheduled game! He ruined it!

The key to a good hosting job for me is a simple twist that everyone understands up front. When you don't know what the game is, too many people get left in the dark, and the game becomes a lottery of sorts.

I've been away without internet for the most part and have been unable to voice my thoughts.

def, thanks for a great game. It was good to play a rotating action game again. I'd like to host one of these soon I think... (thanks for the suggestion!)

Congrats to the town (and Darkdragon, who is a winner here in my book as well) - you guys came out on top after all. You messed around a lot, but made the smart choice of lynching Zepher instead of pursuing a riskier lynch - good move.

MT - thanks for your help on Day 2! You're awesome and I was happy to have you. I was surprised that Dave caught on to you. :sad: Zepher, I wish you would have played more. I thought we seriously had a chance, but a chance is nothing if it isn't taken advantage of. :sceptic:

But anyway - great game; I had a lot of fun while it lasted! My plan for Night 2 if I had lived would have been to redirect fhomess to Dave with the knowledge that adventurer would have been watching, and then deny it, thus making it me vs. fhomess for Day 3, and both of us were under scrutiny anyway, so that might have been interesting...

Sign in to follow this