TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Yes, but only to level 2

On a similar note, which Chima character do people suggest I get? I have quite a few characters, and only want one so I can access the adventure world as I'm not a big fan of Chima.

Edited by Hulk_Smash

Portal is a lot of fun, and you get an exclusive character for buying the pack. The level plays surprisingly close to the actual games, with any non-Chell puzzles usually being bonus. Also, you get to explore Aperture Science, which is pretty cool, even for a less knowledgeable fan like myself.

Yes, but only to level 2

On a similar note, which Chima character do people suggest I get? I have quite a few characters, and only want one so I can access the adventure world as I'm not a big fan of Chima.

I got Cragger. (I think that's his name. The crocodile-dude) His upgraded sub can destroy silver LEGO underwater. Very useful for the couple of spots where you need that ability.

Cragger's pretty good. He's got a water vehicle, and can dive to all the hidden underwater areas. Voice acting is awful, though.

While we are on the subject of Chima, I actually managed to watch the first episode of the show and my god....I'm still trying to recover from watching it. Where to begin on this? God this was bad. That was literally a TERRIBLE way to get me into a franchise that I have absolutely no idea on how this franchise works at all. It focused on WAY too much humour that wasn't even funny to begin with, the animation is a joke, they spout stupid one liners like: "Drop the chi, swamp thing!" and this is only the first episode of that show! And for everything that's holy why do the characters say: "Chi" every 5 seconds? Oh and speaking of Chi, what's the importance of Chi? Why are the lions having a ceremony about said life force? What are it's properties? They don't say because they never explain that detail at all, they expect you to know what's going on when I'm just scratching my head on why the Lion and the Crocodile tribes have a vendetta against each other.

Edited by Starscream759

While we are on the subject of Chima, I actually managed to watch the first episode of the show and my god....I'm still trying to recover from watching it. Where to begin on this? God this was bad. That was literally a TERRIBLE way to get me into a franchise that I have absolutely no idea on how this franchise works at all. It focused on WAY too much humour that wasn't even funny to begin with, the animation is a joke, they spout stupid one liners like: "Drop the chi, swamp thing!" and this is only the first episode of that show! And for everything that's holy why do the characters say: "Chi" every 5 seconds? Oh and speaking of Chi, what's the importance of Chi? Why are the lions having a ceremony about said life force? What are it's properties? They don't say because they never explain that detail at all, they expect you to know what's going on when I'm just scratching my head on why the Lion and the Crocodile tribes have a vendetta against each other.

Yeah, Chima's a pretty bad show, and it only gets "ok" at the last season. Ninjago, on the other hand, is fantastic. I highly recommend it if you haven't watched it yet.

Edited by legozebra

Yeah, Chima's a pretty bad show, and it only gets "ok" at the last season. Ninjago, on the other hand, is fantastic. I highly recommend it if you haven't watched it yet.

I have watched the first 4 seasons of Ninjago just need to watch season 5 in order to watch the new episodes of the show that will air. But I'll give Chima three more episodes in order to improve itself just to give it the benefit of the doubt. Anyways I've got no idea what else I can do with this game for the time being until I get the Doctor Who level pack so I'll probably mix things up with the Portal level pack but if I want it then I'll have to shop elsewhere for it. Because Amazon's prices for that level pack is ridiculous just £34 are you kidding me?

Yeah, the show isn't funny, it tries to be emotional, but turns out angsty and whiny, and its plots drag on for far too long. All you need to know for the world itself is that the Phoenix Temple on Mount Cavora is where the Fire CHI from the last arc comes from. And the voice acting is subpar. I'm just glad Nexo Knights is better, more on the Ninjago side.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Already have Unikitty in my save for later pile on Amazon but I'm kind of torn between buying her or the Cyberman fun pack that I won't get for another 2 weeks or so. Hmmm should I get another character from The Lego Movie and complete the whole set or go for the Cyberman fun pack that isn't out yet? Oh decisions, decisions, decisions.

Already have Unikitty in my save for later pile on Amazon but I'm kind of torn between buying her or the Cyberman fun pack that I won't get for another 2 weeks or so. Hmmm should I get another character from The Lego Movie and complete the whole set or go for the Cyberman fun pack that isn't out yet? Oh decisions, decisions, decisions.

The cyberman fun pack is 7.49 on Amazon. Go for that one.

I have a basic question: (maybe stupid, but I have to check)

When we are close to a portal we don't have the level pack, there is a message like this:

"You must have a mini figure from this world to get in"

So, if I buy a mini figure like the Cyberman, will I have access to DW world??? Like the scooby fun pack; Will I have access to its world????

The cyberman fun pack is 7.49 on Amazon. Go for that one.

You know what? I'm good for now. Thanks for offering but I'll wait for a bit until I probably have the funds to buy more Fun Packs.

Yes, you can only access a world if your'e playing as someone from that world. I'm thinking of getting the Cyberman and Doc Brown. Even though it's redundant to get both drone characters, I want the figures. I also need Venkman, because they thought it was so cool to make it impossible to access all of the worlds from the start.

My only thought on the Cyberman vs. Unikitty packs is that the Cyberman offers a lot of abilities (mind control, drone, etc.) whereas Unikitty is the only character able to break and build rainbow bricks. I also suppose it depends if you are more of a fan of one of the brands over the other, too.

Ultimately, you need both, though. I'd choose the one with exclusive abilities to start.

Ultimately, you need both, though. Unikitty has her own ability, but the Cyberman has a semi-exclusive ability (the drone) and some other useful ones.

I'm surprised at how many people buy NFC minifigures based on the abilities they have. Personally, I buy based on which franchises I'm interested in and which characters I want to add to my collection more (hence why I have two characters with drone abilities - Cyberman and Doc Brown - on preorder). Each to their own, though.

I do that, too, but I want to be able to complete the game, so I also buy for abilities. I won't need to own both the Cyberman and Doc Brown, and Stay Puft isn't an incredibly useful character, but I want them all for my collection.

Well your prayers have been answered and I got the Unkitty pack first at Smyths today. And I was just thinking about that Cyberman fun pack and now that I have Unikitty in my possession I'm now deciding on whether to buy that Cyberman fun pack now or wait a bit when I have the level packs for Portal, Doctor Who and Ghostbusters. Seeing as I know the level packs are far too expensive to get alone and the only reason I managed to acquire the Back to the Future level pack before them was because I was lucky with the amount of money I had at the time. So those three level packs I'm going to have to wait until my birthday to get them but seeing as that fun pack will come out in a couple of weeks I'll probably get it anyway to save the trouble.

Well your prayers have been answered and I got the Unkitty pack first at Smyths today. And I was just thinking about that Cyberman fun pack and now that I have Unikitty in my possession I'm now deciding on whether to buy that Cyberman fun pack now or wait a bit when I have the level packs for Portal, Doctor Who and Ghostbusters. Seeing as I know the level packs are far too expensive to get alone and the only reason I managed to acquire the Back to the Future level pack before them was because I was lucky with the amount of money I had at the time. So those three level packs I'm going to have to wait until my birthday to get them but seeing as that fun pack will come out in a couple of weeks I'll probably get it anyway to save the trouble.

I would get the Cyberman fun pack first because at least then you can be looking at the Doctor Who Adventure World before you get the level pack.

I would get the Cyberman fun pack first because at least then you can be looking at the Doctor Who Adventure World before you get the level pack.

Well I tell you this if I spend on that Fun Pack now, then I'll have about £3 left over because I have £18.77 now on Amazon and I've spend half the money on a boxset of Doctor Who DVDs for Peter Davision's era in the classic series already so I think might do that.

My boy is still playing the lego movie world. He has 1 red block, 5/5 on something else and only 8/28 yellow blocks. i take it he has to find all 28 yellow blocks once he has other characters

I was wondering what characters they might add to the existing properties.

The LEGO Movie: Vitruvius, please!

Portal: I really liked the Atlas and P-Body Team Pack idea, reusing the portal guns. I just can't see them making buildable characters, though, and they've already done the most iconic items from the series. So, probably only Chell for this series.

Ninjago: Perhaps P.I.X.A.L could be a character, with technological and acrobatic abilities?

Scooby-Doo: Since this one has been confirmed, I'd expect Velma for a cheaper option and her importance in putting the mysteries together.

DC Comics: Catwoman, Batgirl, or Nightwing seem like good candidates for playable characters, with no new abilities needed.

Ghostbusters: I wouldn't be surprised to see a Ray and Egon Team Pack and a Winston Fun Pack to complete the team and give you more options. Builds, however, might be more limited in possibilities.

Well I finally caved in and went: "What the hell? Let's get this mother anyway." So yeah I've now preordered the Cyberman fun pack. I'm that big of a whovian that I bought the fun pack before I get the level pack for Doctor Who. Not sure if I'll use the Dalek in gameplay because I really don't like how it's designed for the game anyway. But could be fun I suppose.