Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

Sounds like F4 might be coming home to Marvel (in exchange for X-Men TV rights)! Anyone else hoping this means we'll finally get Fantastic Four Lego sets?! Or even just get the characters as part of Avengers Assemble sets?!

Also: I know it's all speculation for now, but do you guys think Marvel and Fox working together on X-Men TV shows increase or decrease the chance of new X-Men Lego sets?

Oh definitely increase! The more Marvel and Disney are involved the better luck we have at getting any sets. Hopefully all this pans out nicely and we get more X-men and the long awaited Fantastic Four!!! Just the thought brings me joy :tongue::grin:

Edit: oh. well then. :cry_sad:

Edited by Coca-Cola

Oh definitely increase! The more Marvel and Disney are involved the better luck we have at getting any sets. Hopefully all this pans out nicely and we get more X-men and the long awaited Fantastic Four!!! Just the thought brings me joy :tongue::grin:

Edit: oh. well then. :cry_sad:

On other forums there are some discussions and speculations about that rumour (obviously) and many users there think that in fact the rights stay at Fox for now and the Fantastic Four go back to Marvel next year or something like that. That is why Fox denied that they gave the Fantastic Four back to Marvel. There is still hope!

Fourth se will maybe include:

- Hawkeye or Iron Man

- War Machine

- Baron Zemo

- Henchman

- Captain America

Maybe the set name will sound like this:

- Baron Zemo's Base Ambush 49.99 USD or 64.99 EUR

I also hope that they will include a polybag SDCC release of X-Men: Apocalypse with minifigure: En Sabah Nur or Psylocke.

Edited by Winter Soldier

On other forums there are some discussions and speculations about that rumour (obviously) and many users there think that in fact the rights stay at Fox for now and the Fantastic Four go back to Marvel next year or something like that. That is why Fox denied that they gave the Fantastic Four back to Marvel. There is still hope!

we can only hope i guess :look:

also with ultimate spider-man ending what do people think is going to happen with spider-man sets? would he just be in MCU based sets or comic based or like maybe they'd just get rid of him for a bit.... any thoughts?

If FF are indeed coming back to Marvel, and they plan to make LEGO sets, all I care about is a rad Galactus, and a Chrome Silver Surfer.

I want them so bad.

we can only hope i guess :look:

also with ultimate spider-man ending what do people think is going to happen with spider-man sets? would he just be in MCU based sets or comic based or like maybe they'd just get rid of him for a bit.... any thoughts?

There is still White Tiger to be produced and released as she is/ was ( I actually never watched that show) a member of Spidey's team. It would be cool if TLG released her next year or so just to complete the heroes team of the show.

Yeah hopefully we get a white tiger and some more villains (i require a sinister six)

And sorry about my last post. i had read somewhere that the show was ending on season 3, but as luck would have it they are on season 4 now so.. :/

So, it's been confirmed that Hulk will be in Thor: Ragnarök. That's intriguing, though we've gotten Hulk bigfigs, so it probably won't be anything new in the Lego realm of things.

Though maybe Hulk will wear some armor, Planet Hulk style? Only in the MCU the armor will be Asgardian in origin? I think that could be cool and it would give us a new figure.

I feel like Hulk being in the movie gives us a way better chance of getting a few sets for the movie. It'd be awesome if, provided the rumors are true, we could get Enchantress and Valkyrie!

So, it's been confirmed that Hulk will be in Thor: Ragnarök. That's intriguing, though we've gotten Hulk bigfigs, so it probably won't be anything new in the Lego realm of things.

Though maybe Hulk will wear some armor, Planet Hulk style? Only in the MCU the armor will be Asgardian in origin? I think that could be cool and it would give us a new figure.

Maybe just a Bruce Banner minifig?

Im thinking Mark 38 Igor soon... They have him in Lego Marvel Avengers...

Yeah, maybe... For a exclusive SDCC or Toy Fair polybag? Or in a Hall Of Armor set?

I feel like Hulk being in the movie gives us a way better chance of getting a few sets for the movie. It'd be awesome if, provided the rumors are true, we could get Enchantress and Valkyrie!

Agreed. 2018 *2017 is a crazy busy year- Guardians v2, Spider-Man, and Thor: Ragnarök. Previously, I would have pegged Thor as the film to get skipped over by Lego; Guardians was super popular with the kids, and we know how much Lego loves Spider-Man. But now, with the added ties to the universe, there's a chance all 3 might get at least a little Lego love, particularly if Lego drops comic/tv Spider-Man in favor of the film!

If we get sets, I presume we'll get Loki, Thor, the main villain, and Hulk's quite likely now, too. Enchantress and Valkyrie are cool, but who I really want in minifigure form are Sif, Heimdall, Selvig and Jane! I'd have liked Frigga and Odin, too, but they're (both?) dead, so unlikely to appear.

Anyone want to take bets as to whether Thor wears a helmet?

Maybe just a Bruce Banner minifig?

Ha! If only. I have a feeling next the next SDCC exclusives will be Banner and Coulson just to taunt us.

Edited by N_Cat

Considering the fact that Nexo Knights is replacing standard Castle themes for the time being, I'd be in favor of some Thor sets.

Agreed. 2018 is a crazy busy year- Guardians v2, Spider-Man, and Thor: Ragnarök. Previously, I would have pegged Thor as the film to get skipped over by Lego; Guardians was super popular with the kids, and we know how much Lego loves Spider-Man. But now, with the added ties to the universe, there's a chance all 3 might get at least a little Lego love, particularly if Lego drops comic/tv Spider-Man in favor of the film!

Uhm, you mean 2017 right?

Okay here's a list of upcoming Marvel movies and I'll say how likely it is we'll get sets. (I just wanted to do this for fun! :grin: )

2016:

-Civil War: Sets already confirmed

-Doctor Strange: One set Already confirmed

2017:

-Guardians 2: Very likely

-Spider-man: Very likely

-Thor 3: Likely

2018:

-Black Panther: Maybe one set, it releases in feb, right after the winter wave

-Infinity War pt. 1: No-brainer

-Ant-man and the Wasp: Probably one set again

2019:

-Infinity War pt. 2: No-brainer

-Captain Marvel: Probably one set

-Inhumans: Likely, Marvel will want to promote them like they did GotG

I hope Lego just starts giving us at least one tie-in set for each movie. It kinda looks like they're doing that. We've had sets for every movie since Guardians and we've got confirmation for both Civil War and Strange.

Agreed. 2018 is a crazy busy year- Guardians v2, Spider-Man, and Thor: Ragnarök. Previously, I would have pegged Thor as the film to get skipped over by Lego; Guardians was super popular with the kids, and we know how much Lego loves Spider-Man. But now, with the added ties to the universe, there's a chance all 3 might get at least a little Lego love, particularly if Lego drops comic/tv Spider-Man in favor of the film!

If we get sets, I presume we'll get Loki, Thor, the main villain, and Hulk's quite likely now, too. Enchantress and Valkyrie are cool, but who I really want in minifigure form are Sif, Heimdall, Selvig and Jane! I'd have liked Frigga and Odin, too, but they're (both?) dead, so unlikely to appear.

Anyone want to take bets as to whether Thor wears a helmet?

Around 3 sets for Thor would be really nice so that we could get all of the figs they've skimped us on. Sif, Warriors 3, Odin, Heimdall, Enchantress, Valkyrie, and whoever the main villain is. Hel, maybe? Or Surtur? Not too well versed in Thor. I have a strong feeling that Jane, Darcie, and Selvig aren't going to be in the movie. I hope that's true, the parts with the humans honestly slow everything down. As for helmeted Thor, we've already seen one! We know they've at least rendered it, so just give it to us please! :snicker:

Edited by Ultron

Uhm, you mean 2017 right?

Yes, of course. Sorry, and changed.

Okay here's a list of upcoming Marvel movies and I'll say how likely it is we'll get sets. (I just wanted to do this for fun! :grin: )

[...]

2018:

-Black Panther: Maybe one set, it releases in feb, right after the winter wave

[...]

2019:

-Captain Marvel: Probably one set

Great analysis, and I agree with you on pretty much all points. Frustratingly, with the current schedule, I think Black Panther and Captain Marvel are likely to be skipped over, as they come 3 and 2 months before an Avengers film, respectively. I hope they're at least included in the sets for those Avengers films if they don't get their own sets. At least we know we're getting one figure of the title characters in 2016, so they can always be included in our collections even if they're completely shafted in the future.

Around 3 sets for Thor would be really nice so that we could get all of the figs they've skimped us on. Sif, Warriors 3, Odin, Heimdall, Enchantress, Valkyrie, and whoever the main villain is. Hel, maybe? Or Surtur? Not too well versed in Thor. I have a strong feeling that Jane, Darcie, and Selvig aren't going to be in the movie. I hope that's true, the parts with the humans honestly slow everything down. As for helmeted Thor, we've already seen one! We know they've at least rendered it, so just give it to us please! :snicker:

It's weird- what I'd like for Ragarök on a film level and what I'd like for Ragnarök on a Lego level are mutually exclusive. I think going cosmic and ignoring Earth completely would make a much better film, but I really would prefer to get the Thor 1 and Thor 2 casts in Lego over new characters.

I think Surtur is the most likely villain, but there are a bunch of possibilities.

God, am i a stupid guy! :snicker:

But indeed it is true! the scene does take place in the movie... well according to HH wich could be wrong

I think the exclusive would be something like:

-Hawkeye

-Spidey

-War Machine

-Cap

-Tony

Would make a nice exclusive :thumbup:

Maybe instead of Hawkeye they put Baron Zemo in the set? ( Hawkeye will appear in polybag ). And maybe LEGO includes an other character like Hawkeye :wink: or a Henchman?

Maybe instead of Hawkeye they put Baron Zemo in the set? ( Hawkeye will appear in polybag ). And maybe LEGO includes an other character like Hawkeye :wink: or a Henchman?

Why would you leave such a well known Avenger like Hawkeye out for a henchman? :cry_sad:

Why would you leave such a well known Avenger like Hawkeye out for a henchman? :cry_sad:

Because Hawkeye is special, he needs to be in a polybag. The henchman isn't, he needs to be in a normal set :wink:

Because Hawkeye is special, he needs to be in a polybag. The henchman isn't, he needs to be in a normal set :wink:

I think Henchman in polybags is good for armybuilding, take Lake-Town guards for example

I think Henchman in polybags is good for armybuilding, take Lake-Town guards for example

Yeah, maybe... but not an expensive very rare polybag ( so you can easily make an army :wink: ). More like: in every store available, at Lego.com,... NOT: only at Toys R US,...

That would be absolutely awesome! :classic:

for once i actually agree with winter soldier. i think polybags should really be characters people won't mind missing out on because most polybags aren't easily available worldwide. I think army building is best with CMF but Marvel won't ever get one of those series without working a deal with Hasbro so i guess we are out of luck there.. :sadnew:

Back to proper future speculation though with the abundance of FOX Marvel characters appearing on the big screens next year (Gambit, Deadpool, practically all the X-men excluding Wolverine) I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few characters popping up in the summer wave (obviously in their comic book attires). I mean yes, they did skip out on Fantastic Four and yes, Marvel and FOX are having a bit of a spat, but i mean with 3 movies from the latter studio TLG would be missing a huge opportunity to indirectly cash in on them. Even if it is just like one character thrown into a random set... like, i could see it happening, maybe even a comic Quicksilver because he is sure to be a more popular character in the new x-men and he was in disney's mcu so like.. i don't know. Any thoughts or guesses?? :classic:

Back to proper future speculation though with the abundance of FOX Marvel characters appearing on the big screens next year (Gambit, Deadpool, practically all the X-men excluding Wolverine) I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few characters popping up in the summer wave (obviously in their comic book attires). I mean yes, they did skip out on Fantastic Four and yes, Marvel and FOX are having a bit of a spat, but i mean with 3 movies from the latter studio TLG would be missing a huge opportunity to indirectly cash in on them. Even if it is just like one character thrown into a random set... like, i could see it happening, maybe even a comic Quicksilver because he is sure to be a more popular character in the new x-men and he was in disney's mcu so like.. i don't know. Any thoughts or guesses?? :classic:

Quicksilver has a chance at appearing in a comic suit, particularly if he appears in the Avengers Assemble television show. I assume that if he appears, he'll have his AoU suit, but Lego has displayed a willingness to change the appearance of characters in the AA based sets, so they might be able to give him a comic suit. It's a possibility I hadn't thought about. Other than that, I think it's highly unlikely to get any of those characters. Marvel hasn't exactly been generous lately when merchandising Fox characters, so I don't think Lego can independently decide to make X-Men things, regardless of potential profits. I mean, Deadpool was a major and popular part of Lego Marvel, but they don't seem to be using him at all in Lego Avengers!

I hope Quicksilver appears in the new AA show, but i guess they won't since they seem to leave him and his sister out a lot

Would be cool though! i would watch the crap out of that show (And i normally don't watch it at all)

Also a little side question i'd like to know, do you guys think Black Panther will have any Weapons in the CW sets? i don't know why but i'm getting really interested in the character more and more. Maybe because i'm getting a classic Avengers vibe out of CW (Scarlet Witch, Vision, Giant-Man, Cap, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Quicksilver oh wait :cry_sad: )

Edited by kevkipo

I hope Quicksilver appears in the new AA show, but i guess they won't since they seem to leave him and his sister out a lot

Would be cool though! i would watch the crap out of that show (And i normally don't watch it at all)

Also a little side question i'd like to know, do you guys think Black Panther will have any Weapons in the CW sets? i don't know why but i'm getting really interested in the character more and more. Maybe because i'm getting a classic Avengers vibe out of CW (Scarlet Witch, Vision, Giant-Man, Cap, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Quicksilver oh wait :cry_sad: )

He should be having claws, as described by people who have seen the trailer. Supposedly finger tip claws. Also I REALLY want the twins to appear too. Vision's gonna be in Season 3, so hoping he will have his AoU design, like how Ant Man was near enough based of his movie

Edited by Quicksilver838