Sign in to follow this  
rsb0204

help finding A4 mallard instructions.

I could use some help finding a particular set of instructions. as the title says its for a MOC a4 mallard. ive found a few instructions for mallards, but the instructions im looking for use only he pieces from the 10194 emerald night. ive been digging through the forums for a few hours now and still no luck, but Im shure ive seen them posted here. if anyone knows their whereabouts id really like to hear from you.

I don't think there were instructions to build Mallard from Emerald Night parts (at least from what I remember seeing on here), but there was a post on building the Flying Scotsman from Emerald Night a while back. I suspect there wouldn't be enough curved parts in the colours needed to build the distinctive curve on the front from purely EN parts.

Hope that helps!

Somebody did manage a half decent A4 using only Emerald Night parts. Im not sure I'd be happy with it in my roster (to be fair, I'm not sure I'd be happy with Emerald Night in my roster either), but it was a very good result considering the parts available.

@BricksMcgee

I found that thread while I was looking, but this loco was definitely not the flying Scotsman. thanks for your help tho.

@Redimus

that sounds like the right one, this engine was not "perfect" but there was no mistaking it for anything besides an A4. almost like one of the "alternate builds" you would see on the backs of boxes for older sets, not spot on but very nice considering the parts provided.

8643977479_9f9647f385_n.jpgFinally! I found something. https://www.flickr.c...s/62018714@N04/

seems I was alittle off about what I remembered, its BASED off the EN, with extra pieces added rather than being soaly made from its parts. and as far as I can see, there are no instructions. sill, curiosity alleviated.

Edited by rsb0204

hi all,

seems my lego A4 was discovered, heres a better picture of he near completion, just waiting for some new bricks to appear to finish her off.

this engine was based off this Brickshelf alternate to 10194 by user Mugen. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=482862 with the addition of more bricks and a re-designed tender.

unfortunately, i have no instructions for my particular model, but i certainly can take her apart in the following days to show you all how the streamlined casing was made ;)

hope this helps.

9612002338_2ca7b136b7.jpg

Thank you for that link mikka, I think that's the engine I was looking for in the first place! however I must say, your additions are a major improvement over the original. I was just looking for an alternate build for 10194. but Im always on the lookout for new/interesting building techniques as are many other forum members, so (if you don't mind pulling her apart) im shure some of us would like to see how it was done. Very nice engine by the way.

Edited by rsb0204