Sign in to follow this  
Yzalirk

How could I make a custom LEGO kama for minifigs?

I've seen in some of the Star Wars sets that some Clone Troopers have kamas on. Is there any good way to make them with the same, or similar, fabric that LEGO uses? If there is a fabric similar to exact, please let me know. And would you be able to dye them and paint an emblem or logo on it?

For the record, this is something I wish to do for something in GoH except make a bunch of them.

I would recommend using a similar thin cloth of the right color (I do not know a specific recommendation) and using iron-on printer paper. I have not tried this yet for LEGO kamas/pauldrons/capes/sails, but I have tried it in other ways and plan to try it for LEGO purposes.

The print-on layer helps in stiffening the cloth and preventing fraying, though some types become brittle over time if they are bent too much. This method makes the addition of logos or emblems fairly simple, as they are just printed onto the iron-on sheet. If it matters, make sure to print the images inverted as the ironing process reverses the image, which will correct for the inverted printing. Otherwise, images will end up backwards. If you wanted to, the cloth could be dyed before the sheet is ironed on, and possibly after, though I have never tested this.

After the printed sheet is ironed onto the cloth, use an exacto knife to cut out the cloth piece. This method would probably be most economical if entire sheets are made at once to utilize the sheet more effectively and eliminate waste.