Adeel Zubair

MOC: LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31040)

I forgot to ask --- does any of the models include all the parts to build the other two? If so, which one?

I plan to collect all the parts to build this (examine my inventory) so I was wondering which model I should look to, to inventory the parts.

Thanks again.

Andy D

BTW: when I first started reading this I thought it was already a LEGO set (not necessarily an Ideas project). As a result I was half-way out the door going to the LEGO Store, then I read on. I hope this makes it to a LEGO set... I will buy 3!

Thanks Andy! I'm happy to share the files because I have got similar responses the "I will purchase this in a heartbeat or I would like to build this for my child etc" Please do share Photographs in this thread if you do build one of the models. The Clockwork Robot is the main build which contains all the parts to build the RoboDog or Insect Mech! Yeah I have realised that people are more attracted to the RoboDog because of the similar resemblance of K9 from Doctor Who.

"BTW: when I first started reading this I thought it was already a LEGO set (not necessarily an Ideas project). As a result I was half-way out the door going to the LEGO Store, then I read on. I hope this makes it to a LEGO set... I will buy 3!" - Andy

^WOW thanks that really means so much, please do share the LEGO Ideas project withe friends, family and fellow AFOL's to make this an official set. If you haven't had enough, have a look at the 'Behind the Scenes'

Happy Building!

Adeel

Update: Woo Hoo, 500 Supporters! We also made it on the 'Trending This Month' section on LEGO Ideas! Now let's get it to 10,000 before December 2015!

As much as I like your project, I'm going to have to ask you to stop using EB for promoting your project by constantly bumping this thread. As you can read in the Site Guidelines, you're allowed to present a LEGO Ideas project as a regular MOC thread (which you've done) and provide a single link to the project page. From there on, the discussion should focus on the MOC. Thanks for your understanding.

I know this is really old, but I wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your files for these guys. My son really wanted a cool robot and I found your MOC and gave it a go! Had to sub some different colors, but all in all -- it was a really fun build and my son loves it! I'm sorry it didn't get picked up by Lego - I think it would have been a great addition to the Creator line :)

Thanks again! You made this family happy! <3

20170116_125943web.jpg

On 1/16/2017 at 9:44 PM, Jen22 said:

I know this is really old, but I wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your files for these guys. My son really wanted a cool robot and I found your MOC and gave it a go! Had to sub some different colors, but all in all -- it was a really fun build and my son loves it! I'm sorry it didn't get picked up by Lego - I think it would have been a great addition to the Creator line :)

Thanks again! You made this family happy! <3

20170116_125943web.jpg

^^WOW, thanks! Greatly appreciated, glad it gave a good impression on your family. I never expected that type of response going into designing it initially as a college project. You don't know how much it means to me.

Brilliant creation! You just don't see three-in-one type creations very often, and I really appreciate its retrofuturistic/vintage toy theme! :thumbup: :sweet:

Came across this on the web and I Love your design! is there anyway to access or purchase the instructions to the clockwork robot?