Basteq

Star Wars Days Legoland Billund

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi, Has anyone been to SW days in Billund today.

I'm considering going there tomorrow, but is it worth it?

When you go there, can you take some pictures? It would be nice.

When you go there, can you take some pictures? It would be nice.

I'm not sure I'm going there. I just asking if it was worth it after todays events.

Maybe some exclusives???

I've been to the one in LEGOLAND California a few times. I don't know if the one in Billund is similar or not, but if it is, it's probably worth seeing once, especially if you're bringing a kid. The California one has some AFOL models on display, Star Wars scenes in Miniland, and some contests geared towards kids.*

*Of note is the trivia contest, which usually gives out exclusive minifigs for winning. (The Clone Lieutenant this year at LLCA) For kids this is really simple stuff and you 'win' just by being picked to participate. For adults, I saw them once pick out a few adults and give them questions out of the Obsessed With Star Wars trivia book.

But I have no idea how similar the Billund one is.

I've been to the one in LEGOLAND California a few times. I don't know if the one in Billund is similar or not, but if it is, it's probably worth seeing once, especially if you're bringing a kid. The California one has some AFOL models on display, Star Wars scenes in Miniland, and some contests geared towards kids.*

*Of note is the trivia contest, which usually gives out exclusive minifigs for winning. (The Clone Lieutenant this year at LLCA) For kids this is really simple stuff and you 'win' just by being picked to participate. For adults, I saw them once pick out a few adults and give them questions out of the Obsessed With Star Wars trivia book.

But I have no idea how similar the Billund one is.

I would be most interested in exclusive minifigure of course it they could be given to adults ;) But judging from the program I saw online it seems to be similar.

I would be most interested in exclusive minifigure of course it they could be given to adults ;) But judging from the program I saw online it seems to be similar.

Hmm, similar, but I don't see mention of any special activities other than the 501st Legion appearance, meeting the master builders, and a building competition. (And the prize for that doesn't appear to be anything more than getting your model displayed in Miniland.) If the list of activities listed online (On LEGOLAND Billund's site) is all they're doing, I don't think there will be much for an AFOL. (Based on those activities when they were done in LLCA.)

This year only kids got to play the trivia contest at LLCA. And only the kids that actually won the trivia contest got the minifigs. The rest got popcorn. The questions were pretty challenging for kids. They really had to know the movies to get the right answers. So only a handful of kids got minifigs this year compared to years past when they gave out the exclusives like candy.

This year only kids got to play the trivia contest at LLCA. And only the kids that actually won the trivia contest got the minifigs. The rest got popcorn. The questions were pretty challenging for kids. They really had to know the movies to get the right answers. So only a handful of kids got minifigs this year compared to years past when they gave out the exclusives like candy.

I wonder what the production numbers on this 'fig were... I did the trivia contest twice myself when they were giving them away to whoever, the years they gave away Chrome Vader and White Boba, which I think they each made thirty thousand of. (And the year before, when they did give away Chrome Threepios, but that year if you won you got a raffle ticket guaranteed to win a prize but not necessarily the one with Chrome Threepio in it; I drew the AT-AP.)

The guy who does the questions actually is pretty knowledgeable. He does a good job of picking questions that kids get wrong. :laugh: For example:

Q: Who was Anakin's first clone commander? (All the kids scream "Captain Rex!" :snicker: ) A: Alpha

I don't know if any of our EB members went to the event and took pictures, but I found these pictures on flickr by Klaus Algreen.

Not quite as many MOCs as at the LLCA event, but one of the Danish LUGs was there with a bunch of the UCS sets on display along with some mosaics, some vignettes, and a very nice looking CTT.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png