Sign in to follow this  
Lazarus

LDD MOC: Rain Bridge with River

Hello All.

If you did not see a trend coming i am making my sets into 48x48 blocks that will be built on to this size wood squares at some point once i have my sets i want to do complete. Due to this i can do a few tricks and i really want some bridges but dont want to put in the rasers. So i am using a model railroad trick and building into the base board and making the bridge level with the rest of the set.

First time i have tryed to do land scaping i think it looks nice.

bridge05.png

bridge04.png

bridge03.png

bridge02v.png

bridge01.png

There is only one problem with the bridges: this bracket (picture from Bricklink)

99781.jpg?1

Is missing from the bridges. 48 of them go underneath the railings on each bridge, where the gap is. (That's 96 total brackets!) It was not in LDD when I built the bridge (that is my bridge, right?) and, as of the late summer LDD patch, it is in there. I hope this helps!

Edited by Murdoch17

That is sorted now, with alot less of those bricks to keep cost down.

Just used about 7 a side at the joints.

I really like it.

Dropping the table to keep the approach trackage level is good idea. I contructed a playtable for my son a few years ago and have been critized by my wife that it is all on one flat plain. We've since started adding a hill and tunnel (yet to be bricked) for the newer modular town building sets, but a stream cut out for a pair of bridges would be nice addition.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=91483

We did add a "lowered elevation" water feature with the dock, but didn't cut it back into the main table for a stream feature. Seems like an obvious oversight now!

I have done a few changes to this now mainly changes it to 32x32 bases to cut costs down and also ballasted the track.