Sign in to follow this  
BasOne

The Conglomerate

It is a age of strife.

The all out war between de Galactic Federation and the Earth Empire leaves the galaxy in shatters, alien races take the opertunity to expand their own empires and renegades carve out their own pieces of space.

Pirates attack any undefended colony or starship that crosses their path.

The largest of these pirate factions is 'The Conglomerate', having conquered a large section of space and several worlds they are a force to be reckoned with.

The leader of The Conglomerate is a former Federation Navy officer named Anton Ragnid.

Having been horribly mutilated when his cruiser was attacked he was dissalusioned with the way the war was going and turned renagade picking up deserters and mercanaries as he carved his way to the top.

lddscreenshot120.png

lddscreenshot121.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BasOne/LDD/Pirates/anton_ragnid.lxf

The mainstay of The Conglomerate ffighter forces is somewhat of an oddity.

The FFC-23 Moth is an ancient Federation design not used by the Federal Navy for over 400 years.

They were however mass produced in vast quantities making spare parts and complete craft readily available on any junk planet in the galaxy.

It's modest cargo hold and formidible weaponry make it a favorite amongst pirates, though it's lack of schielding and light armour make it more of a deathtrap when going against any of the newer Space Superiority Fighters.

It's dual laser blasters, dual laser cannons and 12 ion cannons make it a formidible fighter against slow moving starliners or space stations, it;s ion cannons capable of rapid fire knocking out systems and setting even the largest starcruisers adrift making them an easy prey for boarding ships.

lddscreenshot115.png

lddscreenshot116.png

lddscreenshot117.png

lddscreenshot118.png

lddscreenshot119.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BasOne/LDD/Pirates/pirate_raider.lxf

Comments, crits and general chit chat welcome :grin:

Trying to create a universe here with different factions, a backstory, and stuff, so crits are not only welcome, but needed :tongue:

Currently working on:

The Conglomarate, Pirate Faction

Earth Empire,

Lucky Number Seven

Dragon Knight

Soon to be started:

Galactic Federation.

A soon to be further defined alien faction.

Edited by BasOne

I very much like Anton Ragnid. I enjoy these minifigures with lots of character. They help bring a background alive just as the background gives them life as well.

Wonderful Job! :laugh:

Edited by Daniel's Dad

Very interesting fighter, BasOne. I think it could benefit from some tiles or SNOT wings. About the names, 'Earth Empire'? Shouldn't that be something like 'Terran Empire'?

BTW, your pics need resizing. :wink:

I very much like Anton Ragnid. I enjoy these minifigures with lots of character. They help bring a background alive just as the background gives them life as well.

Wonderful Job! :laugh:

Thanks, I like making the characters :laugh:

Very interesting fighter, BasOne. I think it could benefit from some tiles or SNOT wings. About the names, 'Earth Empire'? Shouldn't that be something like 'Terran Empire'?

BTW, your pics need resizing. :wink:

The names are a work in progress, Terran Empire is used in Starcraft, The (Galactic) Empire in Star Wars, Earth Empire isn't allready in use by something well known so i went for that.

Same goes for Galactic Federation, you have the Federation from Star Trek and Galactic Empire, But i never heard from a Galactic Federation :wink:

About snot.

I don't want to make the ships too heavy on the brick count, but i could do some tiles, maybe can get a better rust/camo scheme going :P

And yeah yeah, i allwas forget about the resizing...

Guess i'm too used not to have to on other forums :tongue:

Now stop nagging or i will start singing :grin:

PS.

I allready had to make minor changes to the fighter in order to make it capable of docking.

Edited by BasOne

Ragnids second in command is a Trollian named.... well, only Trollians can pronounce his real name, but everyone, for obvious reasons, call him Grinder.

lddscreenshot122.png

lddscreenshot123.png

The troll looks good. Four Gatling guns? Four? Just what is that unit intended for? :devil_laugh:

Now stop nagging or i will start singing :grin:

One moment...

Your pictures still need resizing.

Now I'll stop nagging. :innocent2:

Edited by Brickdoctor

The troll looks good. Four Gatling guns? Four? Just what is that unit intended for? :devil_laugh:

Grinding :devil:

Besides, their not gattling guns :tongue:

Four rotating power mauls

Gut fur smashin puny pinky flesh thingy's, makes nice decoration, smash through walls pretty gut tu, gut fur gettin the luut.

One moment...

Your pictures still need resizing.

Now I'll stop nagging. :innocent2:

I did, i did rezise.....

Dun get it...

Will look into it tomorrow....

And he's not a troll.. he's a Trollian :tongue:

So i suck at naming races, so sue me...

Edited by BasOne

How about these figs BasOne?

Left to right:

Former Segeant Alsec Droet (Human (Galactic Paratrooper Corps)), Rewsan Birkes (Human Mercenary), Tyoup Redto (Yiporoo Mercenary), Gopi Himog (Human (Beasts Galactic Bikers Club)), Trowan Kolpu (Polorian (Beasts Galactic Bikers Club)), Bos'rotur'sski (Trandoshan Mercenary)

lddscreenshot23.png

I'd give you the LXF file, but sadly I don't know how.

~Bayonet

Edited by Captain Bayonet

Grinding :devil:

Besides, their not gattling guns :tongue:

Four rotating power mauls

Gut fur smashin puny pinky flesh thingy's, makes nice decoration, smash through walls pretty gut tu, gut fur gettin the luut.

Oh, that changes things. :thumbup: