Bioncile Piecies that integrate with SYSTEM

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:41 PM

I know absolutely nothing about Bionicle.  I've seem some Bionicle elements in use with the new Viking and Knights Kingdom sets, but I was wondering what Bionicle pieces would work in other themes...  Like Pirates for example...

#2 Bloody Jay

Bloody Jay

• You know who

Member: 147

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:54 PM

I'm sure some of the pieces could be used to create mast mechanisms or some such thing.  Mostly the BIONICLE weapons/shields are used ornamentally in Vikings.

#3 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:13 AM

I don't really like the use of so many Bioncile pieces in the Viking sets as it makes them look too discombobulated.

#4 Wolf04

Wolf04

• Shepherd

Member: 99

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:11 PM

None . [period]

#5 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:29 PM

I will also confess that I share Mr Wolf's views on Bionicle also.  But in the interest of keeping an open mind I have created this thread just in case someone can sway my views.

#6 Wolf04

Wolf04

• Shepherd

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:39 PM

I wasn't trying to be toooooo harsh but it's the truth.....THE TRUTH!!!!

#7 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

Honestly if there was a new SYSTEM Pirates theme I would rather not see any Bioncile in it.

#8 KMOI

KMOI

• EB's resident Avatar fan

Member: 277

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:38 AM

Ungh, you kinda picked a weak spot for using Bionicle pieces. I'd try to suggest the use of the Bionicle arm piece, but even then it's a stretch.

You see, Bionicle's components are meant to be more technologically inclined. You don't have many futuristic components in old-fashon sets such as the Pirates or Castle. However, I could easily see the use of Bionicle pieces being used in more futuristic sets such as Star Wars, where the mechanical pieces would be amazing for making cranes and what not. But even then, Bionicle pieces are best suited for Technic creations, rather than Lego System.

#9 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:08 PM

There's always the Viking Theme approach using the Bionicle pieces to create mythical creatures.  The same could be done for Pirates I suppose.

What do you mean by the Bionicle arm piece?  Is that an entire arm or just an elbow joint?  See meesa know not much about Bionicle.

#10 Bloody Jay

Bloody Jay

• You know who

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:47 AM

Well, pirates didn't really have many tales of mythical creatures.  I think the best line for mythical creatures and ships would be an Odyssey/Greek line.

And there are quite a few BIONICLE arm pieces, but I don't think I'd want them in system sets.

#11 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:51 PM

Since when didn't they have mythical creatures?  They encountered krakens, mermaids, serpents and sea monsters all the time!

#12 Darth_Ewok

Darth_Ewok

• Furry Yub Yub

Member: 263

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:33 AM

ugh  *sick* . the though of mixing the two together makes me sick  *sick*

#13 Bloody Jay

Bloody Jay

• You know who

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:40 AM

mister_phes, on Apr 27 2005, 02:51 PM, said:

Since when didn't they have mythical creatures?  They encountered krakens, mermaids, serpents and sea monsters all the time!
That would be Odysseus you speak of there.  Unless there are some pirate tales you could direct me to?

#14 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:42 PM

No, I speak of generic sea faring mythology.  

Mermaids came about by dellusional sailors mistaking mantees for half women half fish.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid

If you look at depictions of Krakens you'll usually see giant octopuses or squids actually 16th-18th century ships.  Which was also the era the bucanners were most prevalent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken

The mythical creatures Odysseus dealt with was the Cyclops, Sirens, Scylla, etc.

Here's an WikiPedia article on Odysseus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odysseus

#15 Mr. Lego-builder

Mr. Lego-builder

• Work In Progress

Member: 314

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:31 PM

As i know of yet, there are no current BIONICLE pieces that are fully compatible with SYSTEM pieces, but knowing LEGO, even if they did release a new Pirates line, which is unlikely (sorry mister_phes), they would probably make new molds for the pieces so it will somewhat be compatible with traditional LEGO pieces.  *wacko*  *devil*  But in this way it is also bad for the BIONICLE fans because if there were colors or pieces that it would be only partcially compatible for them...leading to a new argument *sigh* (yet again) :/

#16 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:39 PM

Just a little off topic,

Come on guys, Homer's Odysseus is Ulysses return to his home land after the battle of TROY.

Back on topic,

I really don't picture Bionicle Pieces that would fit perfectly to system sets for an obvious reason: their size, those pieces are totally not in proportion: one ex. Shields and swords in the viking sets.
The only way they could be used is with gigantic (compared to minifig scale that is) creatures, thats basically all.

#17 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:26 PM

mr. lego_bildur, on Apr 30 2005, 09:31 AM, said:

As i know of yet, there are no current BIONICLE pieces that are fully compatible with SYSTEM pieces, but knowing LEGO, even if they did release a new Pirates line, which is unlikely (sorry mister_phes), they would probably make new molds for the pieces so it will somewhat be compatible with traditional LEGO pieces.  *wacko*  *devil*  But in this way it is also bad for the BIONICLE fans because if there were colors or pieces that it would be only partcially compatible for them...leading to a new argument *sigh* (yet again) :/

Ahhhhhh...  But what you're forgetting is LEGO has in fact released more Pirate sets. Despite the fact they're full of juniorised pieces they still do contain many pieces from the original theme.  I don't see as why this would be much different if another SYSTEM Pirate theme was released.

#18 bigfatslob

bigfatslob

• EB's Bionicler

Member: 285

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:19 AM

mr. lego_bildur, on Apr 29 2005, 11:31 PM, said:

As i know of yet, there are no current BIONICLE pieces that are fully compatible with SYSTEM pieces, but knowing LEGO, even if they did release a new Pirates line, which is unlikely (sorry mister_phes), they would probably make new molds for the pieces so it will somewhat be compatible with traditional LEGO pieces.  *wacko*  *devil*  But in this way it is also bad for the BIONICLE fans because if there were colors or pieces that it would be only partcially compatible for them...leading to a new argument *sigh* (yet again) :/
Well, with regard to "there are no current BIONICLE pieces that are fully compatible with system pieces", I must disagree. I'm going to enter the following Mecha in Darkkazmo's Mecha Contest -A- and it is pretty evenly divided between System ans Bionicle/Technic parts along w/ some full sized Knights Kingdom figure parts thrown in...all work wonderfully together as they will and do in the factory Lego sets  ;) .

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bfs

#19 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:29 AM

I don't see no mecha!  Where you post the pic?

#20 Wolf04

Wolf04

• Shepherd

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:17 PM

I seriously have a hard time finding System pieces in it (other than the cabin). I see a lot of juniorized, large pieces but very few System ones. And what's up with the Pod pieces?

#21 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:50 PM

Ahhhhh...  I see the pictures now.  The feet look like skulls. Hmmm...  That could be useful...  If they were compatible with SYSTEM pieces.

#22 bigfatslob

bigfatslob

• EB's Bionicler

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:17 PM

mister_phes, on May 1 2005, 10:50 PM, said:

Ahhhhh...  I see the pictures now.  The feet look like skulls. Hmmm...  That could be useful...  If they were compatible with SYSTEM pieces.
Well you see, no Technic/Bionicle parts are currently made in Dark Purple, so all the Dark Purple you see IS System or Knight Torsos. There is some Yellow System here also ( like the "Horizontal Cylinders" that are not horizontal in this case but verticle and are the core of this Mecha's thighs). The head/cockpit is nearly all system. It all connects and works, after all it IS all Lego  :)

bfs

#23 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:55 PM

In other words the only thing Bionicle isn't compatible is Duplo and Quattro?  Is this what we're saying here?

#24 bigfatslob

bigfatslob

• EB's Bionicler

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:27 AM

mister_phes, on May 1 2005, 11:55 PM, said:

In other words the only thing Bionicle isn't compatible is Duplo and Quattro?  Is this what we're saying here?
Quite true. I have seen a few ( very few ) interesting parts in some of the Duplo/Quattro sets. If I get the opportunity to put my hands on some of these sets ( buying some for my 3 year old would be a good excuse ), I'll see if I can some how make it all work together to further prove Lego's wisdom  :)

bfs

#25 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:11 PM

What if there were adapater bricks to make Duplo compatible with SYSTEM bricks?  Duplo bricks could be useful for foundations due to their size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users