Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

60051 - style club / passenger car MOD

I wan't going to post this in it's own thread, but then i thought it would be bad to hijack another person's thread. If a MOD needs to move it, delete it, or combine it with another thread, feel free!

This club car model was originally created by a Facebook user to the LEGO Train Fan Club group, (who seems to have deleted their post or been banned) as a MOD to set 60051, High Speed Passenger Train with simple throwback design to the Metroliner Club Car of 9V set 4547. (which was re-released as set 10002)

23517364676_a32dbacf39_z.jpg

I copied the model from some photos, and redesigned the roof to be more my style / feature more common parts. I also added the dark bluish gray stripe to the upper level via slopes. These connect the upper level visually to the rest of the train.

23460997571_74386ffb21_z.jpg

The top roof section is removable to get at the upper floor, but the lower section is not accessible at all. (I did try unsuccessfully to make it work)

LDD file: http://www.mocpages.com/user_images/80135/1449342682m.lxf

Feel free to post your own models to this thread. They could be color-swapped models, or another club car, or even a lounge car with rounded windows on the rear for the end of the train!

It definitely looks like an official Lego revamp of the Club Car. Simple, yet effective.

Thank you, that was my goal... I'm glad I achieved it!