Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[O - F04] - A Most Special Lab

Tags: Science, Spaceship

Previously...

// PERSONAL DIARY //

Given all that has been happening lately I decided to take out one of Octan's Personal Entertainment Recreational Vehicle space speeders to clear my mind. ED-208 was getting a thorough cleaning and would be gone for a few hours anyway. As I was speeding around outside the Axle I received a call that I was needed to return to the ship for a project from our CEO pombe. Knowing it must be important I returned and got ED-208 so that we could immediately begin whatever pombe needed from us.

22320164244_1b7d68b9da_b.jpg

Some Octan office worker gave us the briefing on what we were to work on. It turns out pombe wanted to investigate the potential for Awesomnium enhanced lubricants. It was a very clever idea and one that I felt would greatly benefit the company. Oddly though the specifications from pombe only required thermal protection for +20 degrees above 98.6F and a breakdown resistance period of a few hours. Which all seemed very low. At first I thought maybe he meant 98.6C, but even that seemed like a low amount. I asked the office worker if this was all correct and he assured me it was. I then realized that pombe must be setting a low initial bar as a proof of concept, and then once we established it was possible we would increase the protection amount.

I asked which lab I would be using and the office worker said there was no lab assignment and that all the labs were currently in use. I wasn't sure what to do, but luckily pombe arrived just then and said that I could use his personal lab. Initially I was quite surprised he had a lab given that he isn't a scientist, but then I realized it made sense since he is our CEO. When we first got to his lab I was very surprised that the first thing I saw was his name written on the floor. I asked why he had his name on the floor and he said: "How else would anyone know this was my lab?" I replied that he could certainly put a sign on the door and assign it in the ship's directory but he said: "Yeah, but how would they KNOW?" It occured to me that I clearly wasn't understanding his point and that I didn't want to appear dumb in front of our CEO so I quickly agreed with him and entered the lab while he went off to do important CEO things. I was so fortunate that he even took the time to show me to his lab and let me use it! I would have to ponder what he meant though.

I was a bit confounded by what was in his lab. I'm not sure exactly what he did in there, but I did see that he had set up a small area with a laptop, some lubricants, and a microscope for me. The rest of the area had a lot of strange things in it. It also smelled strongly of whatever plant it was that he had growing. ED-208 commented that it was a "good strain" and "very potent". I'm not sure what that means.

I told ED-208 not to disturb anything as I wasn't sure what experiments pombe was running, but he went over and picked up a drill looking device and said: "Oh, he did decide to upgrade to the Drilldo 5000... good choice." I wasn't sure what a "Drilldo" was, but ED-208 seemed to know what it was so he must have talked to pombe about it. If ED-208 was helping our CEO I certainly couldn't complain! I was sure that all of my hard work for Dr. Long must have gotten me noticed by our CEO and that is why he had me working on this special assignment. It isn't like he just randomly said he needed a scientist and picked the one who came first alphabetically!

22321751103_66d70e12c9_c.jpg

Extra Pics:

22942889135_a18b3a0a4f_c.jpg

22321751783_7f828b6e9e_c.jpg

22942889875_8608130ab3_b.jpg

22320164604_bf06499aed_c.jpg

22754889650_ccd1a9d755_c.jpg

Edited by Kodan Black

Nice build. The speeder looks a bit like an elephant seal :laugh:. Good story too. I laughed at the drilldo 5000. sounds like something Pombe would have.

I don't think you can build on Donwarr though. The MANTIS fleet is there. :wink:

20229736269_a60d4633bb_t.jpg Your efforts researching this very important project is much appreciated. I see you've brought your own android assistant. He will be very useful, but be sure to dial up his "sadist" settings before you begin. If the chains and handcuffs are too tight, know that they are adjustable.

20416376055_1cffafddcd_t.jpg There's no such thing as too tight!

20229736269_a60d4633bb_t.jpg Of course, Sue. I'm just trying to help out Kodan, here. In any case, in addition to the standard clear lubricant, see if you can make a black variant. I have a new brand idea for Octan Ninjaglide.

19793749204_610b75bfb7_t.jpg