Tomsche

[K - B08] Aian Sai Freighter

IMAG4388_zpsxwfa36kg.jpg

*** Start Log ***

Junali 4th, AD 3815

Thesseus B. Von Geekington, freighter captain of the Aian Sai reporting.

Today, my trusty freighter of the `Liberty Rhino` class finally came out of drydock. Having signed up for the Kawashita Corporation, my first mission is to travel to the planet Greater Direstan, located at grid B08 on the NavSat system.

My job there seems to be one of logistical support, doing what I do best. That being, hauling the minerals the corporation can dig up from the soils of this large dispository of a mineral called Awesomnium.

So far, the journey has been tranquil, and I`ll be touching down any moment now.

*** End Log ***

Well, the build itself is a bit of a novelty for myself, as I never build spaceships in Microscale before. Quite a fun experience.

IMAG4389_zpsrw3bzete.jpg

IMAG4390_zpstcpcaout.jpg

IMAG4391_zpsqkph1yic.jpg

IMAG4392_zpsyalvqhhv.jpg

I based the freighter Aian Sai (meaning `Iron Rhino` in Japanese) on a spaceship I spend a LOT of time with years ago... the Liberty Rhino Freighter from the Freelancer videogame.

11414711_10153398284144696_1299950789_o_zpszpgpaaw5.jpg

Hope you like it! (And I hope I did this right for posting)

Great work, Sir..! As soon as I saw this ship I thought of the Rhino.

I would recommend you try taking some pictures when the sun is behind the clouds and try a few more angles. You might get a little more photographic quality.

Well, it looks a lot more interesting in Kawashita colours than it does in that screenshot, so good job!

This is a great microscale ship! I think you nailed the representation and I like the Kawashita colors better than the plain grey in for the original.

Tnx all for the comments

And the next time round when I get to build so,ething, I'll try to get better piccies

I like the blocky design of this ship. It looks very industrial.