Sign in to follow this  
Lipko

MlCAD: hiding "animated" parts in BOM

Hi all!

I have a problem with the buffer exchange method in MLCAD. I could make animated parts ("insert this part here") by using buffer exchange and I got correct results in the Bill of Materials section on a page, meaning the correctly placed part(s) in the step are not listed in the BOM, only the hovering (not yet placed) parts in the previous step.

However, I can not do the same if the hovering pieces are added together in multiple steps (like in the instruction style, where instead of sub assemblies, the building steps are continuing and a different part of the model is built and later added to the rest of the model).

I don't know how MLCad knows that some parts are not new parts, but only a correctly placed part that was in previous steps. Does it only work when the the two animation stages (hovering vs. correctly placed) are in two steps in sequence?

Or does a special copy/duplicate command on the parts have to be used? (in the simple cases, a ctr+c/ctr+v was enough).

I hope my explanation of the problem was understandable, thanks for any responses in advance!

Edited by Lipko

I don't know if I understand you correctly, but if you want to insert a whole submodel at once into the main model, you can use the .mpd file system. So, all the sub-assemblies are seperate .ldr files. LPub automaticly adds the insert for the submodels.

If you need any more help, just ask :classic:

Or, maybe you can show a real life example in one of TLG's instructions to clarify what you mean?

Hmmm, I remembered wrong. They are sub assemblies in official instructions too, though they are not in a separate bubble and they are in the same format as the main assembly (numbering, background, BOM), that confused me.

I'll look into that, thanks!

I still don't really understand how MLCad knows that an animated part are not two parts but one with two stages.