Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Exciting LEGO Ambassador Project - a NEW Pirate Sub-Theme

The Haven Guard

Torso and Flag Design

We're designing a brand NEW LEGO Pirates Sub-Theme which we'll submit to the LEGO Group via their official Ambassador program.

YES, the LEGO Group WILL see this!

Here are some flag and torso designs already submitted for our new faction called the Haven Guard.

Haven_Guard_Torso-LDD_Renders.jpg

generate.png?flag=5-5generate.png?flag=6-4

Think you can do better?

This is your chance to have your skills and business details showcased - we'll even send them to the LEGO Group when we submit the final presentation.

Haven Visit this thread right now!

Star contributors will receive a tag - the more quality contributions you make, the nicer the tag you'll receive!sml_gallery_273_58_238.pngsml_gallery_273_58_887.pnggallery_273_58_184.png

And if your contribution gets used you'll also earn one of these... customs_tag.gif

We'll also credit you for anything you submit and even send your details to the LEGO Group when we submit the final presentation. Having your name and work in already front of them may be advantageous when they are Haven recruiting for designer jobs like this.

P.S. Our blog receives over 15,000 unique visitors per month and our mailing list has over 1,500 subscribers, so if you're a graphic designer or have a minifig customization business we'd be happy to give your business a plug to say thanks for your contribution!

So Visit this thread right now
and show us what you've got!

LEGO_Pirate_Ambassador-Signature.gif

Comments? Suggestions? Feedback?

Post them here!

Some awesome designs have been submitted - keep `em coming!

14803422708_67a523b870_o.png

14791057347_51af7b0678_o.png

This project seems like it could be a ton of fun. I'm going to take a crack at desinging either merchant or smuggler minifigures. Could you tell me where to post the designs when I am finshed?

Could you tell me where to post the designs when I am finshed?

We've only been working on the Haven Guard so far but if you come up with something in the next few hours just post them in the Haven Guard thread the Merchants and Smugglers: Torso & Flag Design thread.

I'll create some new threads for Merchant and Smuggler designs when I have some more spare time later today.

You may also want to read up on the past threads concerning this project as we've established some design standards and aesthetics.

I'm new around here, so pardon my lack of knowledge, but is there a precedent for this kind of thing? My understanding was that LEGO uses the Ideas website as its means of utilizing fan input to make new products. Thus, I would have thought, the only hope fans have of starting a theme is for an Ideas product to be so immensely possible that it spawns a line (ala Minecraft.)

Also, how does next year's Pirate theme factor into your plans?

That said, I'm excited about the prospect of helping to design a theme, and would be very happy to be on board this project, circumstances permitting.

I'm new around here, so pardon my lack of knowledge, but is there a precedent for this kind of thing? My understanding was that LEGO uses the Ideas website as its means of utilizing fan input to make new products. Thus, I would have thought, the only hope fans have of starting a theme is for an Ideas product to be so immensely possible that it spawns a line (ala Minecraft.)

There is more than one way to get ideas to the LEGO Group! I've created a new thread with information that should answer your question.

Also, how does next year's Pirate theme factor into your plans?

This project will probably run throughout the rest of this year but ideally we'll have it finalised before the release of any new LEGO Pirate set(s), although a release date has not been specified so it's difficult to achieve precise timing.

Any information we submit to the LEGO Group probably won't be used for at least 12-18 months after its submission so therefore this project is intended to be a catalyst for the next time they want to release non-licensed Pirate sets.