apemax

MOC: Chassis and body experiment (C&C welcome)

Hello all. :classic: This is my latest creation which is a bit of a experiment. First it was to try out a chassis design that i thought of. Then i added the body which was sort of a experiment too. It's powered by one PF XL motor for drive and one PF M motor for the steering. It also has pendular suspension on the front and rear and also has a fake inline 4 cylinder engine that is connected to the drive. It also has a differential on the rear axle. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

ccbe1_01.jpg

ccbe1_05.jpg

ccbe1_11.jpg

ccbe1_06.jpg

ccbe1_02.jpg

ccbe1_03.jpg

ccbe1_04.jpg

ccbe1_07.jpg

ccbe1_08.jpg

ccbe1_09.jpg

ccbe1_10.jpg

and a video of it working:

And thats it. hope you like it. as always questions and/or comments are welcome. :classic:

There are some nice functions on this experimental, studded chassis. I like how the RED hot pistons are visible in the clear engine block. The small wheels look a bit odd, though. The video did not show the pendular suspension provided by the two large Technic Turntables -- how does it drive over rough terrain?

There are some nice functions on this experimental, studded chassis. I like how the RED hot pistons are visible in the clear engine block. The small wheels look a bit odd, though. The video did not show the pendular suspension provided by the two large Technic Turntables -- how does it drive over rough terrain?

Thanks. :classic: yeah i don't have any bigger wheels than these. It's a bit slower over rough terrain but overall it's pretty good considering it's only two wheel drive. It's certainly the strongest drive train i've ever made. There isn't much movement with the pendular suspension as the springs are fairly stiff. I could make a video of the suspension in action if you like? I forgot about that when i made this video.

The studfull / studless / power function combination looks very strange :sceptic:

But the experiment is usefull if you improve it to build a fabulous MOC :wink:

The studfull / studless / power function combination looks very strange :sceptic:

But the experiment is usefull if you improve it to build a fabulous MOC :wink:

Thanks. :classic:

Yeah i plan on taking what i've learnt from this experiment and make a better car.