Sign in to follow this  
gmshades

Modified 9397 Tow Truck and Day Cab

Just thought I would share what I have been working on lately.

First truck is a wrecker with hog steering, true duals, 4 pf functions (boom lift, boom raise, winch, towbar), and manual towbar tongue and stabilizers.

101_0133.jpg

101_0134.jpg

101_0135.jpg

101_0136.jpg

101_0137.jpg

2nd Truck is just a red day cab with blue fenders.

201_0131.jpg

And here they are all together.

301_0128.jpg

Not 100% Complete, but figure I'd show what I have so far.

Questions and comments welcome.

Edited by gmshades

Nice job on the truck, it really captures the feel of a wrecker. Much better than the original!

tim

I like the tow truck,but i am not too sure about the red and blue truck's color scheme.:classic:

Yeah, I tried the LEGO way to add a color to a vehicle with minimal parts. And I want BLUE!! haha.

Thank you everyone for the comments.

I like the trucks, but the pictures could be a lot better. Also, what are those 8 wheels under the table in the last pic? Is it a new creation, or just 8110 and 8297 hanging around?

I like the trucks, but the pictures could be a lot better. Also, what are those 8 wheels under the table in the last pic? Is it a new creation, or just 8110 and 8297 hanging around?

I agree the pictures should be better. I'm trying to take smaller pictures so I wouldn't have to resize them. Instead, they were low quality.

And yes, 8110 and 8297 were hanging around. I swapped the wheels to see how 8297 would look, and liked it. Anyone want comparison pics let me know.

I agree the pictures should be better. I'm trying to take smaller pictures so I wouldn't have to resize them. Instead, they were low quality.

High quality pictures scaled down always look better than low quality pictures scaled up.

tim